Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/)
-   -   Bulldozer delayed again? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/46264-bulldozer-delayed-again.html)

dma0991 September 6, 2011 11:48 PM

Bulldozer delayed again?

AMD Reschedules Launch of FX-Series Chips to October, Changes Launch Lineup.

Quote:

Advanced Micro Devices has once again redesigned the launch family of its FX-series microprocessors code-named Zambezi so that to make it broader and more competitive, a source with knowledge of the company's plans revealed. However, the company, as reported last week, delayed the launch of the new chips, which are based on highly-anticipated Bulldozer micro-architecture, to October, 2011.
Opinions from other sites.
X-Bit - delayed, mid October
Anand - delayed, TBA
Fudzilla - not delayed, 19th September
VR-Zone - not delayed, announcement 17th September

GT7R September 7, 2011 12:12 AM

AMD really do push my limit of patience...

EmptyMellon September 7, 2011 01:13 AM

No and we shall see

Which Bulldozer, Interlago or Zambezi? Interlago just came out (September 7, 2011), Zambezi remains to be seen. We all can be generals come September 26th.

dma0991 September 7, 2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmptyMellon (Post 547358)
Which Bulldozer, Interlago or Zambezi? Interlago just came out (September 7, 2011), Zambezi remains to be seen. We all can be generals come September 26th.

Zambezi definitely. AMD should end their secrecy and release BD already.

chrisk September 7, 2011 04:12 AM

Not sure if they are delayed, but if they wait until say, next summer they could then release a whole lineup of chips instead of just one or two ;p

JJThomp September 7, 2011 06:33 AM

I wouldlike to know if it is actually delayed because if it is I will pick myself up a 2500k right now.

kingnubian September 7, 2011 06:53 AM

This is getting to be a big joke, and not a particularly funny one. AMD's inability to deliver has some channel partners getting very upset. Unless the Bulldozer is a knockout at a lower than Intel price, I can only see this release as doing more harm than good. I have absolutely no brand loyality and have owned a mix of both AMD & Intel based systems over the years but I have no regrets for going with a 2600K for my present build. My excitement for Bulldozer has waned quite a bit over the last months of delays & uncertainty.

trayton September 7, 2011 07:36 AM

I like both AMD & INTEL but will agree they need to get this done and get it out there and stop with all the delays its only hurting their company and consumer loyalty!

bstm300 September 7, 2011 06:22 PM

Well, after the failed July release, I thought this Sept 19th date was set in stone. Now a lot of tech news sites are reporting another delay that will push it back until mid-November? Comeeee on! By the time this comes out, Sandybridge E-series and Ivybridge processors will be released. I was ready to buy an FX-4110 on the 19th. Now I might go just for an Intel. Sigh....

draemn September 9, 2011 08:13 PM

The only reason why I wouldn't jump ship and abandon plans for a Bulldozer build is that Ivy Bridge isn't that far off and there would be no point getting SNB if Ivy is less than 3 months away. Heck, if intel is on time with Ivy and AMD keeps missing BD release, they'll have some (potentially) stiff competition vs Intel.