Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

View Poll Results: Do you think that Bulldozer is delayed?
Yes 44 89.80%
No 5 10.20%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 24, 2011, 11:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
Didn't know if this warranted its own thread, but I saw this on TPU this morning. Their source was donanimhaber.com AMD FX 8150 Looks Core i7-980X and Core i7 2600K in the Eye: AMD Benchmarks | techPowerUp

Obviously alot of AMD hype there since all the slides come from them. It will definitely add fuel to the fire though.

Saw that earlier as well. At least AMD is starting to give something about BD. Obviously they are only going to show charts that have BD doing well, but its nice to see something.
Old September 24, 2011, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
I wish they would get going on this, I am holding off on my next build until it gets sorted out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Saw that earlier as well. At least AMD is starting to give something about BD. Obviously they are only going to show charts that have BD doing well, but its nice to see something.
How much power consumption is generated, I wonder. Also, at what temps. Phenom processors are pretty bad for that, imho, so I wonder what those will do.
Old September 24, 2011, 02:28 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

IMHO, "looking i7 2600K in the eye" is NOT a good thing. Its new tech. It should devastate it. It better be one hell of an OC'er AND be cheap as dirt or AMD is going to have an uphill battle on their hands. This explains why the 2600K got dropped down a price notch and the 2700K was created. It also does not bode well for when socket 2011 lands. With the delays AMD needed a knock out blow and if its just a body blow...they are going to lose even more market group. :(

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old September 25, 2011, 03:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

but I would say that 2600k performance at 20% less price should be fine. On the threaded apps is doing very well which would be a boon for folding, bigadv will finally be in reaching grasp.
Old September 25, 2011, 06:16 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSTG View Post
but I would say that 2600k performance at 20% less price should be fine. On the threaded apps is doing very well which would be a boon for folding, bigadv will finally be in reaching grasp.
This is my hope. If BD can overclock as well as a 2600K, and is a slightly lower price, and folding performance is on par, I'll be content with this chip.

I just want to see the AMD folders get some love, as right now Intel is tough to pass up.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 27, 2011, 07:04 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leithian View Post
I really hope bulldozer is worth the wait...Or else my next build will be intel.

Me too man!!!!
Old September 27, 2011, 07:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leithian View Post
I really hope bulldozer is worth the wait...Or else my next build will be intel.
Don't hold your breath.. Intel has been King for many years.
Old September 27, 2011, 11:38 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Don't hold your breath.. Intel has been King for many years.
But who was in the P4 days? :)
Old September 29, 2011, 12:57 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

word on the street is that it's Global Foundries fault, because of yield issues.
Old September 29, 2011, 02:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Referring to this article AMD has a GlobalFoundries problem | TG Daily ? Doesn't really say much at all there though.

AMD Lowers Revenue Forecast Due to Poor Yields of A-Series "Llano" APUs, Shipments Delays of Bulldozer CPUs - X-bit labs shows a bit more info, but still not much.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank

Tags
bulldozer , delay , october , xbit