Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 4, 2011, 07:41 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Arrow Exclusive: AMD's First Bulldozer Chips Arriving Sept. 26 [PC Mag]

Since there has not been an official word from AMD on this, this is still a "rumor", nevertheless, SemiAccuate was right (so far) about September 19th not being the release date and let's see if the September 26th will stick - based on PC Mag.
"...
AMD is eyeing the Sept. 26 release date for its new Opteron 4200 series, codenamed Valencia, and Opteron 6200 series, codenamed Interlagos, according to a source familiar with the company's product roadmap.
Valencia is the next stage in AMD's Opteron 4000 series aimed at single-socket and dual-socket, cost-optimized, energy efficient servers. It will be succeeded in 2012 by a CPU codenamed Sepang that has up to ten Bulldozer cores.
...Designed for enterprise-class two-socket and four-socket servers, the Opteron 6200 series CPUs will give way in 2012 to chips codenamed Terramar—some sporting a whopping 20 Bulldozer cores."

"AMD is also set to introduce Bulldozer to the consumer market for the re-introduction of its FX brand of high-performance CPUs as early as September, according toa DigiTimes report published this week.
First up will be the eight-core FX-8150 and FX-8100 chips codenamed Zambezi, as well as the six-core FX-6100, and quad-core FX-4100, the Taiwan-based tech journal reported, citing unnamed industry sources. The FX-8150 is a 125-watt CPU, while the others all draw 95 watts, according to DigiTimes.
AMD will follow on with four more FX series chips sporting from four to eight Bulldozer cores in the first quarter of 2012, the journal reported, as well as the triple-core FX-3150 for the OEM market.
Scorpius drops the new Bulldozer chips into the AM3+ socket on AMD's new 9-series chipset motherboards. ..."

Source: Exclusive: AMD's First Bulldozer Chips Arriving Sept. 26 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Last edited by EmptyMellon; September 4, 2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old September 4, 2011, 08:41 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm PISSED. They keep on postponing it....
Old September 4, 2011, 09:26 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well i would rather see a fixed product, than the last fiasco they had, with the problem in one of the pins
causing the chips to not work properly

took a lot of wind out of the sails, people just lost faith in the product and went with intel
Old September 4, 2011, 09:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

True, but the way these chips are taking so long to get to market is hurting them... alot of people are losing interest. For some of them it won't matter how these chips perform.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old September 4, 2011, 09:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
True, but the way these chips are taking so long to get to market is hurting them... alot of people are losing interest. For some of them it won't matter how these chips perform.
Yup i got sick of the delays and moved to 1155, couldnt be happier.

Still I will probably pick one up to play with ( for the wifes desktop, she NEEDS it) but I am certainly not chomping at the bit like I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 5, 2011, 07:03 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Waiting sooo long

I haven't been waiting as long as some people but this is crazy. Bulldozer better be one hell of a processor.
Old September 5, 2011, 08:30 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Now this is getting annoying. First, it was coming out mid-July, then they delayed it to Sept. 19, and now it's Sept. 26?

What. The. Deuce.
Old September 5, 2011, 10:19 AM
Banned

I agree with what the 1 poster said, id rather this not be a repeat of the phenom launch, look how much it cost AMD in that regard. IF B stepping is released & the top 8 core cpu's bring as sugested preformance between a 2600k & a 990x then peaple will buy it. Yes it sucks wanting to keep supporting the underdog against the big white & blue evil to keep them from becoming a monopoly, but i think those of us whom do wait will be rewarded for the wait.
Old September 8, 2011, 10:33 PM
Top Prospect

If I can get within range of 2600k, even if it is less, then I will be happy.

Right now bulldozer is looking really good for anyone with any PhII. That is because those of us with AM3+, or the possibility of it, will not have to upgrade our mobo. Sure for anyone looking to upgrade from their 775/PhI, this wait is killer. For me, 2600k performance, and not having to buy anything other than the chip? Sounds like a good deal to me...
Old September 8, 2011, 10:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Some of that enthusiasm might be tempered by reports like this AMD Reschedules Launch of FX-Series Chips to October, Changes Launch Lineup - X-bit labs
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank

Tags
amd , bulldozer , pcmag.com , september release