LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2, 2011, 02:11 PM
Top Prospect

I just want a release date.....

:(
Old September 2, 2011, 05:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Everyone who went for a sandy bridge build and didn't wait for bulldozer must be happy they did. Its taking soooooo long for these to come to market. I love AMD (its all I have every owned in my own desktops), but I would go SB now without a second thought if I was updating. Hopefully they can sort this out before I upgrade CPU/MOB/RAM in my desktop...its not happening yet, but the way this has been going it could take years (please happen sooner then years). Fingers crossed on some good gaming performance increases, power consumption, and performance per dollar (hit those three areas and it will have a purchase from me...otherwise the next update will be to intel).
Old September 2, 2011, 05:35 PM
Banned
F@H

power consumption for the 8 core units should be the same as for present 6 core,last i checked.

so unless were looking at 4 core based dozers, nothing should change much at load. at idle,i hear,it should be a bit different.

as in cores going to sleep completely,if the writings were true to their sources :)
Old September 2, 2011, 05:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman7k View Post
same here.

just couldn't wait any more...
same here!
Old September 2, 2011, 08:27 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default AMD in recession

The biggest problem with current economic conditions is that AMD will be releasing their new CPUs into a recession, so the sooner they get it out the better - contrary to the political rhetoric, it's all down hill from here. Lot harder to recoup your R&D and Marketing costs if people are gonna be more concerned about their depts then a new AMD CPU. I am in no rush to upgrade, just because I can, until I see that their CPU is worth my money and time to do so. Having said that, I am still looking forward to AMD's new products and will be excited to see how they fair.

Tags
amd , fx-series , gigabyte , vr-zone news