Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/)
-   -   AMD Bulldozer Launch in September Now Official [ wccftech.com ] (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/45131-amd-bulldozer-launch-september-now-official-wccftech-com.html)

RBA July 23, 2011 05:32 PM

AMD Bulldozer Launch in September Now Official [ wccftech.com ]

Quote:

Taiwanese Motherboard manufacturers have leaked details of AMD’s Upcoming Bulldozer CPU’s and Release Date. According to them, AMD will start Mass Production of B2 chips in August and the processors will officially launch in September (Q3 2011).
AMD Bulldozer Launch in September Now Official, Two New 8 Core FX Processors to arrive in Q1 2012

Hopefully AMD will gain some market share. For about $300.00 US it seems like a decent upgrade path for some of us. I guess the reviews will tell the whole story. Competition IS a good thing for consumers.

_dangtx_ July 23, 2011 05:42 PM

lets see em!!!

Sagath July 23, 2011 05:55 PM

This is interesting. B2 Steppings Mass production August, and no leaks from pre-production B2 steppings out yet, with a week (!) to go?

Remember that anandtech stated B0/B1 steppings were performing poorly (Link) and that a B2 revision would be needed to meet GHz and performance goals...So why hasnt the net seen a revision performance leak yet?

I'm curious, but cautious and suspicious. I'm not hoping for miracles, but I would really like another option to consider when building a high-end rig...

Nodscene July 23, 2011 06:25 PM

I'm looking forward to it, would love to go back to AMD. Just hoping it will be a worthwhile improvement going from a Q6600 to the FX8150

Bond007 July 24, 2011 04:08 AM

Bring it on. Honestly, I am so bored waiting for launches from almost every company being delayed for so long that I only consider new stuff as a factor when its available now.

GT7R July 24, 2011 05:29 AM

Dear AMD, please do not disappoint us on this one...!!

draemn July 24, 2011 04:14 PM

Lol, I hope it's good... I decided that my next build is AMD just to stick it to intel for charging fat price premiums for their products and not having backwards compatibility with sockets.

YukonTrooper July 24, 2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draemn (Post 535698)
Lol, I hope it's good... I decided that my next build is AMD just to stick it to intel for charging fat price premiums for their products and not having backwards compatibility with sockets.

With the performance gap between Intel and AMD right now, I'd hardly call it "fat price premiums."

Just my opinion though.

draemn July 24, 2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukonTrooper (Post 535758)
With the performance gap between Intel and AMD right now, I'd hardly call it "fat price premiums."

Just my opinion though.

I'm talking about the X58 platform before SNB came out. Intel is very aggressive with price/performance on SNB compared to previous offerings.

YukonTrooper July 24, 2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draemn (Post 535760)
I'm talking about the X58 platform before SNB came out. Intel is very aggressive with price/performance on SNB compared to previous offerings.

Actually, that's true. I purchased both Nehalem and SB at release. The i7 920 was $300, from what I can remember, and the board around $200. The 2500K was $200 and the board was around $100.