LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 30, 2011, 12:27 PM
Rookie

Default Bulldozer now available in China

Possibly....

AMD Bulldozer FX-8130P Now Available For Sale In China | TechDeville
Old May 30, 2011, 12:37 PM
Banned

WTF, I hope it's not true and only Chinese resellers breaking disclosure agreement, why the H... China will have those CPU before us.
Old May 30, 2011, 12:49 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Yeah....no.

Any chips in the channel right now are likely B0 or B1 revision and working at very low clock speeds. They aren't meant for sale but rather quality assurance at motherboard manufacturers.

This is basically an Asian site that wants additional traffic and nothing else.
Old May 30, 2011, 01:04 PM
Banned

Thanks and good to know, so even if they make a presentation Dozer is not ready for the shelves yet ?
Old May 30, 2011, 03:25 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Yeah....no.

Any chips in the channel right now are likely B0 or B1 revision and working at very low clock speeds. They aren't meant for sale but rather quality assurance at motherboard manufacturers.

This is basically an Asian site that wants additional traffic and nothing else.

thus any benchies you mightve seen so far...well...not the full,or real,deal :D
Old May 31, 2011, 08:00 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Arrow Bulldozer clocking high

Computex 2011: MSI's X79 and Llano Motherboards

"...

Those of you waiting for Bulldozer performance results from Computex, I'm afraid we're not going to see anything representative of final hardware. I did hear that the upcoming B2 stepping would restore performance to Bulldozer's original targets, however it's unclear how those compare to Sandy Bridge. The other thing I did hear at the show floor regarding Bulldozer was about its clock speed. Current B1 stepping parts are easily hitting 3.8GHz which is what the high end SKU may actually ship at (with turbo support up to 4.2GHz). I'm waiting for more confirmation but it sounds like Bulldozer will at least clock very high."
Old June 2, 2011, 01:02 AM
MVP

My System Specs

^ That may or may not be true but some say that AT is not famous for spreading FUD so its plausible at this moment. It could also be a cover up to the fact that GloFlo might not be able to produce Llano and Bulldozer at the same time due to capacity constraint.
Old June 2, 2011, 06:35 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0991 View Post
^ That may or may not be true but some say that AT is not famous for spreading FUD so its plausible at this moment. It could also be a cover up to the fact that GloFlo might not be able to produce Llano and Bulldozer at the same time due to capacity constraint.
Indeed, and by all means; if GloFo cannot deal with Llano and BD then they need to do what is necessary to be profitable and competative. The thing is if they would not be able to meet volume then you would at least see a BD paper launch with some media samples - my 2 cents, anyway.