Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 11, 2011, 06:22 PM
Rookie

Default 6GB Data Plan comes back to Rogers early?

Only for business clients. Fairly easy to become a business customer even if you do not have 20 lines under your name.

Rogers Reintroduces $30 6GB Data Plan For Business Corporate Customers Only | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource
Old September 5, 2011, 08:06 PM
Rookie

Default $30 for 6gb rogers data plan

I currently pay $30 for 6gb data with Bell and $20 for phone line with SMS, free evenings and weekends, 150min, callerid, and some other features I don't remember about. Not to say that I didn't fight for it, but you may want to shop around ;)
Old September 5, 2011, 08:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I can get unlimited data for 10$ with Public mobile over here around Montreal, sure their network isn't the best in town, but they're a new player and 34$ for unlimited phone/text/data is quite good, and in 2012 we can get whatever phone we want with them, and no contracts, not that bad imo considering they've been here for less than 5 years.
Old September 5, 2011, 08:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I just have to rub it in ... sorry. I pay $27 a month and have unlimited data/minutes/texts. In Taiwan though. And yes unlimited is actually unlimited. And they don't consider crap like caller ID or voicemail options, everyone has them included.
Old September 6, 2011, 04:47 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
I can get unlimited data for 10$ with Public mobile over here around Montreal, sure their network isn't the best in town, but they're a new player and 34$ for unlimited phone/text/data is quite good, and in 2012 we can get whatever phone we want with them, and no contracts, not that bad imo considering they've been here for less than 5 years.
Looks like im going to check that out tonight after work. Sick of this 2gb data plan that im paying an obscene amount of money for .
Old September 6, 2011, 06:46 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
I can get unlimited data for 10$ with Public mobile over here around Montreal.
Does that include tethering?
Old September 6, 2011, 06:57 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I am currently off contract with Rogers and looking to upgrade soon (stupid old Iphone 3G sucks balls). I took a look at all the new players (Mobility, Wind, Public, etc) and although their plans are great, their coverage sucks! I spend a lot of time outside their coverage zone so I can't see myself switching anytime soon. I also want a Galaxy Tab SII 4G and I only see Bell and Rogers being able to offer this phone (or one of their cheaper subsidiaries). Any ideas on a plan/provider guys?
GAMER: Win7 Pro x64, I7 3770K (stock) (CM 212+), Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Gigabyte 7970 OC Ghz Edition 3 GB, Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Crucial M4 120 GB + 256GB, Crucial M500 480 GB SSD, 1TB WD Blk, BRD, HX750W, Auz X-Fi Prelude, & Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2

Lenovo Ideapad Y510p: i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz (undervolted by 80mV), 16GB DDR3L-1866MHz, Intel GMA 4600HD / SLI'ed Nvidia Geforce GT 755M 2GB GDDR5, 240 GB Crucial SSD, 128GB M.2 SSD, 15.6" HD+ Glossy LED
Old September 6, 2011, 08:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varroa View Post
I am currently off contract with Rogers and looking to upgrade soon (stupid old Iphone 3G sucks balls). I took a look at all the new players (Mobility, Wind, Public, etc) and although their plans are great, their coverage sucks! I spend a lot of time outside their coverage zone so I can't see myself switching anytime soon. I also want a Galaxy Tab SII 4G and I only see Bell and Rogers being able to offer this phone (or one of their cheaper subsidiaries). Any ideas on a plan/provider guys?
If you are willing to sign a contract, both Bell and Rogers should be able to offer you something reasonable. Usually it's something like you pay for some basic service, and they throw in other features you want for free. Example: pay $50 for 100 anytime minutes and 6GB data, but get text messaging, call display, extended nights and weekends and another 200 minutes of talk time for free. Be prepared to stay on the phone for a while though and bring all your negotiation skills to the test.
Old September 6, 2011, 02:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellplanman View Post
Only for business clients. Fairly easy to become a business customer even if you do not have 20 lines under your name.Rogers Reintroduces $30 6GB Data Plan For Business Corporate Customers Only | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource
Good for people that live in the countryside for tethering.
Old September 6, 2011, 07:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaza101 View Post
Does that include tethering?
I don't know, I don't have it, I just know that's the price they put you in the face when you look at the plans

And if you often move outside of the big cities vicinity, good luck getting a signal.

Their pricing is awesome, but since they're the new player in town (and don't aim for the same as Bell/Rogers/Videotron/Telus...) they don't have the best network in the country, but will probably get better with time. As for now, I don't care about using the internet on my phone, I have my laptop with me when I'm out of home or I know where I can get access pretty much anywhere I go.

So if what you're looking for is the best possible signal, you may want to look elsewhere for now, but a year or 2 from now, they may have some great network, who knows, giving the little guy a chance