Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1, 2011, 06:14 PM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Default New USB 3.0 Internal I/O will be available in all new CM cases in 2011

I can pass some inside information to HWC regarding the new USB 3.0 internal connector. As of last year HAF X was the first case with USB 3.0, but of course the only solution was an external connector. Now with the P67 chipset, Cooler Master has had early access to the proper internal pin specifications. Cooler Master chassis will be the first in the market to have a full line of native USB 3.0 support. No more clumsy stretching an extension cable. While other manufacturers are only now including these USB 3.0 updates that only support rear backplates, CM will have the best solution brought to market on time for the P67 sandybridge B3 refresh.

This Q2 2011, Cooler Master will bring true USB 3.0 i/o support to all newly released chassis. This includes the new Storm mid tower, the new Silent M and others. In every Cooler Master case where USB 3.0 is an available feature, Cooler Master will have the internal connector with support for 1 x or 2 x ports. Expect supply of the new chassis to arrive beginning April, without a noticeable price increase.

Q2 will also bring USB 3.0 Internal to:
- 3 of the HAF series chassis
- A separate 5.25" 2 port adapter for all other chassis will be available from the CM store

You can let your friends know that CM will bring tech to the market first. But, if you have an AMD or non P67 type chipset, you won't be able to take advantage of our I/O.
Old March 1, 2011, 06:24 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

That is GREAT news! Glad to see CM is keeping up with the USB 3.0 wave. I can't wait to see the improved models hit as having two cables snaking around the back of my HAF X's IO pannel (i stuck them out the WC holes) still looks...less than perfect. I will be on the lookout for em. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 1, 2011, 07:06 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Is there an option for a replacement I/O panel for the ATCS? I know a competitor who is offering a replacement I/O front panel for their existing top tier case, without having to use a 5.25 drive bay.

I have also been looking around for hints to the successor to the ATCS 840 with native USB 3.0....
Fold for team #54196
Old March 1, 2011, 07:43 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Awesomesauce!

Especially good news with companies like Corsair, Patriot etc. announcing USB 3.0 flash drives. About time that USB 3 came to the market for real.
Old March 2, 2011, 10:25 AM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Is there an option for a replacement I/O panel for the ATCS? I know a competitor who is offering a replacement I/O front panel for their existing top tier case, without having to use a 5.25 drive bay.

I have also been looking around for hints to the successor to the ATCS 840 with native USB 3.0....
With that competitor's I/O, it's still a rear pass through solution. We can look into the ATCS 840, but right now its not on our Q2 upgrade path plan yet.
Old March 2, 2011, 11:52 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Great news! thank you for the update!
Old March 2, 2011, 01:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Can I give you a hug? Good work CM!!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old March 2, 2011, 03:14 PM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Can I give you a hug? Good work CM!!
We all love hugs here in Cooler Master. If you want to know which HAF will be updated to USB 3.0 I can give you a hint. Look closely on Hardwarecanucks.com and the answer should be in the columns.