Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old February 15, 2011, 09:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort St. John, BC
Posts: 1,231

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
They like TALKING about them and showing telltale photos...but when was the last time one was released in North America? ;)
;) ditto on that
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old February 16, 2011, 11:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort St. John, BC
Posts: 1,231

My System Specs

Default

Ahhh, looking at the rumors of the GTX 590 reminds me of the fond days of 2010 when rumors were flying about a GTX 490 :P

Rumors may be fun, but most of the time they are just that... rumors. We'll see within the next month if the 590 is as fake as the 490.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old February 17, 2011, 01:09 AM
GT7R's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Our universe
Posts: 991

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
How could you even begin to under clock them enough to hit the TDP mark... you're looking at 220W each and nVidia has always stayed under the 300 mark in the past... even if they are willing to go up to 350, that's a hell of a lot of underclocking.
Dual 560's will outperform the 580 not by that much; I can't see a point of releasing a dual chip which will be just 10-20 faster than a single chipped one..
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old February 17, 2011, 06:50 AM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,768
Default

You see Chinese sites posting spy shots, you can assume any info about dual GPU cards is fake, fabricated or nothing more than a baseless rumor.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old February 17, 2011, 08:42 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,068

My System Specs

Default

The last solid release from either vendor was the 295 and 5970. Everything beyond that right now is just a rumor. I've myself scoured countless news sources that have 'claimed' dual gpu cards, but we have never seen anything come of it.


ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old February 17, 2011, 08:43 AM
Fudd Rucker's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SSM Ont
Posts: 954

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
You see Chinese sites posting spy shots, you can assume any info about dual GPU cards is fake, fabricated or nothing more than a baseless rumor.
You mean like how rob schnieder hires immigrants to choke him in the shower?
__________________
I couldnt think of something snarky or interesting to put here this time around.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old February 17, 2011, 09:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort St. John, BC
Posts: 1,231

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
The last solid release from either vendor was the 295 and 5970. Everything beyond that right now is just a rumor. I've myself scoured countless news sources that have 'claimed' dual gpu cards, but we have never seen anything come of it.


ST
How is the 6990 a rumor?
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old February 17, 2011, 10:05 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,068

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
How is the 6990 a rumor?
You extrapolated that from my post. I never said it was a Rumor specifically Draemn. I was namely aiming the broad comment at the Dual Fermi Cards.

But much like anything and even Fermi when the 'card' was held for all to see, I haven't seen it on a retail shelf or in a review.
That is the point I wait for. I do believe Antilles will launch, its the When and What that we just don't know. The rumor part of Antilles to me is what kind of card it is actually going to be, in both design and function, there has been nothing solid to go on.

Try not to take what I say out of context. I merely stated the last two Physical Cards that were on Retail Shelves.

ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old February 17, 2011, 12:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort St. John, BC
Posts: 1,231

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
You extrapolated that from my post. I never said it was a Rumor specifically Draemn. I was namely aiming the broad comment at the Dual Fermi Cards.

But much like anything and even Fermi when the 'card' was held for all to see, I haven't seen it on a retail shelf or in a review.
That is the point I wait for. I do believe Antilles will launch, its the When and What that we just don't know. The rumor part of Antilles to me is what kind of card it is actually going to be, in both design and function, there has been nothing solid to go on.

Try not to take what I say out of context. I merely stated the last two Physical Cards that were on Retail Shelves.

ST
I can't help but read: "Everything beyond that right now is just a rumor." to mean that the 6990 is a rumor as you were talking about both nVidia and AMD in the same post. I don't mean to be pedantic (although I am), but I think I was correct to read what I did from your comment. Still, we start to get off topic by arguing a silly point, so I shall rest my case at that.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old February 17, 2011, 12:45 PM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,068

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
I can't help but read: "Everything beyond that right now is just a rumor." to mean that the 6990 is a rumor as you were talking about both nVidia and AMD in the same post. I don't mean to be pedantic (although I am), but I think I was correct to read what I did from your comment. Still, we start to get off topic by arguing a silly point, so I shall rest my case at that.
I think I phrased it correctly in both posts.

We are not arguing a silly point. The last two Dual GPU cards that we could physically buy were 295 and 5970.

We have only rumors of what the actual 6990 will be, nothing solid, nothing concrete. That is a rumor to me, in so far as the word terminology.

nVidia is in the exact same boat.

Like I said, given all the factors until it is in a reviewers hands, or on retail shelves I won't believe all of what is said on the net.
That is the deciding factor in the end.

My thoughts at least,

ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to buy XSPC 5.25 Bay Dual Res, Dual DDC Pump Kartner Water Cooling 11 July 1, 2010 10:14 AM
EOL GTX470 and dual GPU Fermi soon??? Delavan Rumor Mill 10 June 9, 2010 08:34 AM
Galaxy Out to Impress at Computex; Dual-GPU Fermi and More mikellini Press Releases & Tech News 12 June 8, 2010 06:16 PM
xspc dual bay dual ddc pump resivour gomer Water Cooling 12 May 10, 2010 05:00 PM
More problem with Fermi [SA] MarkOne Rumor Mill 29 March 13, 2010 09:46 PM