Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15, 2011, 09:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
They like TALKING about them and showing telltale photos...but when was the last time one was released in North America? ;)
;) ditto on that
Old February 16, 2011, 11:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ahhh, looking at the rumors of the GTX 590 reminds me of the fond days of 2010 when rumors were flying about a GTX 490 :P

Rumors may be fun, but most of the time they are just that... rumors. We'll see within the next month if the 590 is as fake as the 490.
Old February 17, 2011, 01:09 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
How could you even begin to under clock them enough to hit the TDP mark... you're looking at 220W each and nVidia has always stayed under the 300 mark in the past... even if they are willing to go up to 350, that's a hell of a lot of underclocking.
Dual 560's will outperform the 580 not by that much; I can't see a point of releasing a dual chip which will be just 10-20 faster than a single chipped one..
Old February 17, 2011, 06:50 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

You see Chinese sites posting spy shots, you can assume any info about dual GPU cards is fake, fabricated or nothing more than a baseless rumor.
Old February 17, 2011, 08:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The last solid release from either vendor was the 295 and 5970. Everything beyond that right now is just a rumor. I've myself scoured countless news sources that have 'claimed' dual gpu cards, but we have never seen anything come of it.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 17, 2011, 08:43 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
You see Chinese sites posting spy shots, you can assume any info about dual GPU cards is fake, fabricated or nothing more than a baseless rumor.
You mean like how rob schnieder hires immigrants to choke him in the shower?
Old February 17, 2011, 09:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
The last solid release from either vendor was the 295 and 5970. Everything beyond that right now is just a rumor. I've myself scoured countless news sources that have 'claimed' dual gpu cards, but we have never seen anything come of it.

ST
How is the 6990 a rumor?
Old February 17, 2011, 10:05 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
How is the 6990 a rumor?
You extrapolated that from my post. I never said it was a Rumor specifically Draemn. I was namely aiming the broad comment at the Dual Fermi Cards.

But much like anything and even Fermi when the 'card' was held for all to see, I haven't seen it on a retail shelf or in a review.
That is the point I wait for. I do believe Antilles will launch, its the When and What that we just don't know. The rumor part of Antilles to me is what kind of card it is actually going to be, in both design and function, there has been nothing solid to go on.

Try not to take what I say out of context. I merely stated the last two Physical Cards that were on Retail Shelves.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old February 17, 2011, 12:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
You extrapolated that from my post. I never said it was a Rumor specifically Draemn. I was namely aiming the broad comment at the Dual Fermi Cards.

But much like anything and even Fermi when the 'card' was held for all to see, I haven't seen it on a retail shelf or in a review.
That is the point I wait for. I do believe Antilles will launch, its the When and What that we just don't know. The rumor part of Antilles to me is what kind of card it is actually going to be, in both design and function, there has been nothing solid to go on.

Try not to take what I say out of context. I merely stated the last two Physical Cards that were on Retail Shelves.

ST
I can't help but read: "Everything beyond that right now is just a rumor." to mean that the 6990 is a rumor as you were talking about both nVidia and AMD in the same post. I don't mean to be pedantic (although I am), but I think I was correct to read what I did from your comment. Still, we start to get off topic by arguing a silly point, so I shall rest my case at that.
Old February 17, 2011, 12:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I can't help but read: "Everything beyond that right now is just a rumor." to mean that the 6990 is a rumor as you were talking about both nVidia and AMD in the same post. I don't mean to be pedantic (although I am), but I think I was correct to read what I did from your comment. Still, we start to get off topic by arguing a silly point, so I shall rest my case at that.
I think I phrased it correctly in both posts.

We are not arguing a silly point. The last two Dual GPU cards that we could physically buy were 295 and 5970.

We have only rumors of what the actual 6990 will be, nothing solid, nothing concrete. That is a rumor to me, in so far as the word terminology.

nVidia is in the exact same boat.

Like I said, given all the factors until it is in a reviewers hands, or on retail shelves I won't believe all of what is said on the net.
That is the deciding factor in the end.

My thoughts at least,

ST