Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/)
-   -   AMD Upcoming Lineup Speculation (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/39566-amd-upcoming-lineup-speculation.html)

CMetaphor January 2, 2011 10:49 PM

AMD Upcoming Lineup Speculation

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 469882)
I think so, yes. AMD is launching parts on the 4th and Intel may not have wanted their new architecture compared to well-priced AMD offerings.

Buh? Where'd this info come from? Is that slip? hehe. Yay for the 4th! Today.... ill just stay in bed, thanks :haha:

Delavan January 3, 2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Buh? Where'd this info come from? Is that slip? hehe. Yay for the 4th! Today.... ill just stay in bed, thanks :haha:
Jeez...INTERESTING....how could this "supposed" lauch come out so "stealthily" when Sandy was leaked to death, and sold before NDA's end...

Could it be that "unknown" CPU LINUS was refering too in one of the techtips?

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...inus-ncix.html

There was one CPU they wouldn't talk about in there...was it the 1100T, or something different?

CMetaphor January 3, 2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delavan (Post 470066)
Jeez...INTERESTING....how could this "supposed" lauch come out so "stealthily" when Sandy was leaked to death, and sold before NDA's end...

Could it be that "unknown" CPU LINUS was refering too in one of the techtips?

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...inus-ncix.html

There was one CPU they wouldn't talk about in there...was it the 1100T, or something different?

The 1100T has already been released and is even a part of current CPU reviews (even the Sandy Bridge review). How could they be announcing something that's already out?
NCIX.com - Buy AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 6 Core Processor 3.3GHZ Socket AM3 Retail Box - HDE00ZFBGRBOX In Canada.
This is why Sky's slip about tomorrow is so interesting, cause I've haven't heard a peep about the 4th + AMD (I even googled it like crazy last night, didn't find much substantial news anywhere).

Delavan January 3, 2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

The 1100T has already been released and is even a part of current CPU reviews (even the Sandy Bridge review). How could they be announcing something that's already out?
NCIX.com - Buy AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 6 Core Processor 3.3GHZ Socket AM3 Retail Box - HDE00ZFBGRBOX In Canada.
This is why Sky's slip about tomorrow is so interesting, cause I've haven't heard a peep about the 4th + AMD (I even googled it like crazy last night, didn't find much substantial news anywhere).
Yeah,

I just didn't go thru the process or re-watching that video before posting..my bad. I didn't remember if the 1100T was being mentioned in it or not.

SO, another "possible" launch? It's almost impossible, if you ask me..it would have to be a paper launch...I mean if Sandy got sold to peeps before the NDA's end, a possible new AMD platform or CPU would have seen the light and been leaked a little by now..

Anyhow, it's interesting, I always dig reviews of "hyped" hardware....and I'm looking for a clear upgrade path...I would go back to AMD if they pull another A64!!!!!!!

Hopefully, they bring-in proper SSD support in their drivers too...

sswilson January 3, 2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMetaphor (Post 470083)

Heh..... I have absolutely no inside information, but that made me sit up and take notice as well... (especially since SKY poo-poo'd any speculation about Linus' "secret" AMD CPU.... ;) ).

Delavan January 3, 2011 01:56 PM

Well, It could just be the AMD "FUSION launch at CES....

CMetaphor January 3, 2011 02:01 PM

Been doing alot of reading. Hearing words like "Zambezi" and "Fusion FX". Unfortunately none of it is from reputable sources... I agree that its unlikely to be an availability announcement, but I still can't wait anyways :haha:

sswilson January 3, 2011 02:12 PM

Hell..... I'd even forgo the "availability" market if they were willing to drop some ES samples off for a preview of endQ1/BeginningQ2 launch......... ;)

Delavan January 3, 2011 05:35 PM

Note that this is from the inquirer...lol

That "roadmap" was slating the ZAMBEZI in Q2 2011...

Leaked AMD road map gives details of upcoming Zambezi AM3+ CPUs

that would be really nice to see that earlier!
AMD definitely NEED to do something to stop the bleeding!
Yes, the non OC Sandys will bring some customers to AMD, but the Mainstream enthusiasts will forget the AMD black Quads and Hexacores until Bulldozer comes out!

_dangtx_ January 3, 2011 05:49 PM

since he usually dont slip its probably more of the old with a new face or clock speed or something

i know dozer's coming but tomarra? no think so senor :/0