Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2011, 08:33 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolab View Post
Well, in terms of their CEO resigning, i give you this:

WSJ: AMD's Meyer lacked vision, ousted accordingly -- Engadget

Maybe he was the reason why AMD was mum on CES. Then again, the article states that he wasnt interested in the mobile and tablet market. Who knows...
AMD did this to themselves. Lack of vision? Blame the whole company.

That's what you get for selling your mobile division to Qualcomm right at the cusp of a mobile "revolution". That was a move APPROVED by the shareholders and the board...
Old January 12, 2011, 09:03 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Which part Sky? Since you decided to bring this discussion into an AMD speculation thread? Do you deny that Intel made deals with OEMs like Dell, HP and others right around the time of the Athlon 64s for that their processors would be almost exclusively bought? Or any of the other hugely criminal things that INtel has gotten away with?

Actually, you know what? Please DONT post again about this. Just Don't. I'm awful tired of this discussion and won't get into it further.

This is the AMD Upcoming lineup speculation thread. All other discussions can be taken somewhere else. Can a Mod move all this intel crap someplace else? Thanks.
Old January 12, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Hum, a little aggressive are you ?

I would vote to remove you ! Who are you to decide what we can and cant post ? I dont like flaming wars and I know it was going towards one, but still, You and any AMD subject always finish by some long winded argument anyway, I find it boring.

I found SKY made one of the most interesting post in this thread regarding Sandy vs DOZER. And yes Intel wil always be here, it is a discussion about CPU.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old January 12, 2011, 09:23 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
Hum, a little aggressive are you ?

I would vote to remove you ! Who are you to decide what we can and cant post ? I dont like flaming wars and I know it was going towards one, but still, You and any AMD subject always finish by some long winded argument anyway, I find it boring.

I found SKY made one of the most interesting post in this thread regarding Sandy vs DOZER. And yes Intel wil always be here, it is a discussion about CPU.
Really? Vote to remove me for trying to keep the thread on topic? Wow. You are cruel.

This is discussion about AMD actually, not CPUs in general. And I've already begun deleting my own posts that helped push it off topic.
Old January 12, 2011, 09:26 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Which part Sky? Since you decided to bring this discussion into an AMD speculation thread? Do you deny that Intel made deals with OEMs like Dell, HP and others right around the time of the Athlon 64s for that their processors would be almost exclusively bought? Or any of the other hugely criminal things that INtel has gotten away with?
That isn't part of this discussion. We are talking about comparative competition and technological progression. Regardless of Intel's back-room deals, they still had the Core series coming while AMD was spinning their wheels with Phenom. AMD is doing the same thing with Bulldozer: they pushed back the launch again and again to the point where their architecture will once again find itself competing with one from Intel that's a generation ahead.

Plus, you CAN'T speculate about Bulldozer or any other upcoming products for that matter without comparing them directly to their competition. Hence why it is right to discuss is perceived performance against whatever Intel will have out at the time of Bulldozer's launch.

You are right though, this is a SPECULATION thread while I am listing the FACTS.
Old January 12, 2011, 09:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

And why cant we speculate on CPU ? Theses are part of AMD lineup, no ? For sure, this will bring Intel into the mix, this is an enthusiast forum, we will compare.

Sold hardware again.....
Old January 12, 2011, 09:41 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
That isn't part of this discussion. We are talking about comparative competition and technological progression. Regardless of Intel's back-room deals, they still had the Core series coming while AMD was spinning their wheels with Phenom. AMD is doing the same thing with Bulldozer: they pushed back the launch again and again to the point where their architecture will once again find itself competing with one from Intel that's a generation ahead.

Plus, you CAN'T speculate about Bulldozer or any other upcoming products for that matter without comparing them directly to their competition. Hence why it is right to discuss is perceived performance against whatever Intel will have out at the time of Bulldozer's launch.

You are right though, this is a SPECULATION thread while I am listing the FACTS.
The Bold does not agree with the underlined sky. If you want to list facts about why Intel is ahead then sure you can say that Phenom wasn't a success, but only if you also acknowledge the fact that Intel used frankly criminal tactics to get where they are today financially. So yeah, Bulldozer is late, being screwed out of millions of dollars probably didn't help the R&D process much did it?
Old January 12, 2011, 09:50 AM
Banned
F@H

back on topic you stooges! :p

12 megs of cache i hear?

is that 3 megs per core or 1.5 megs per core? does dozer care about big or small cache sizes? :)
Old January 12, 2011, 09:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Yes, business is a mean place were some corporation will use illegal strategies to win. Intel did it. We all know it. But the truth is, judging by the posts in this thread, people ont really care about it and moved on. Is it correct ? I don't know.

Personally, what I want is to know wich is the best performance wise, and the best CPU is on Intel side and looks like it will be the same situation for the next round. I would love AMD to win, but the current situation does not look good.

Sold hardware again.....
Old January 12, 2011, 09:56 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

3 Megs per "double core" if you want to call it that.