Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 11, 2011, 04:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Looks like it will compete with sandy and current i7. Lga2011 will kill it, but still, not to bad.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old January 11, 2011, 05:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor
Would you prefer a processor monopoly? Lets hope AMD is just fine.

Hope also that Nvidia comes out with something decent as well. And the VIA gets back into it somehow.

Nope, I've always been a strong supporter of non-intel procs provided they performed reasonably well (first was probably a cyrix chip... ;) ), but that still doesn't change the facts on the ground. No real news from AMD paired with the removal of the CEO within a month or two of the suspected release IMO = bad news.
Well, I really lked my Athlon 64 3400+ Clawhammer back in the day. I would go back to AMD...
They just don't let me...if they get at least as fast and a little cheaper than Intel, I would.

For the CEO, maybe he was hiding the bulldozer boxes for himself!!!!!! lolz
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old January 11, 2011, 05:43 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
Looks like it will compete with sandy and current i7. Lga2011 will kill it, but still, not to bad.
Got any benchmark?

On my part, the lack of news on this major upcoming release isn't a good sign I believe. I personnally think they will be able to compete the 1156 socket chipsed maybe entry level solutions of 1155 by lowering their prices..
Old January 11, 2011, 05:48 PM
MVP

My System Specs

How do people know that BD will Kill SB. When there hasn't been a word or a benchmark from AMD. What was the last press release of BD??? AMD has to crap or get of the pot. Intel got them by the balls. I am all for competition. But the early bird gets the worm. AMD should have had this to market this month. Is it going to be worth to what for a second rate BD or do you guys really think this CPU will out Intels???
Old January 11, 2011, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth- View Post
Got any benchmark?

On my part, the lack of news on this major upcoming release isn't a good sign I believe. I personnally think they will be able to compete the 1156 socket chipsed maybe entry level solutions of 1155 by lowering their prices..
Anandtech expect it to be SB strenght. I tend to believe them. No benchmark not nothing. Speculation based on Anand comments.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old January 11, 2011, 05:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hell i am an intel fan boy and i really don't want to see only one chip maker. i really hope BD is as good or better then SB but they have been doing nothing but talking for way to long about it.
Old January 11, 2011, 06:26 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Let's put it this way: If AMD is aiming Bulldozer at Bloomfield, the market will sigh and move on because 2011 is meant to surpass Bloomfield in every way possible. If they aim it at SB performance, the reaction will be the same since there is no way GF's immature 32nm process will produce cores with the same efficiency performance as Intel's second generation 32nm processors.

With Bulldozer, AMD faces the same problem as they currently do: their technology curve is significantly behind Intel's and they will once again be relegated to a "value" option and nothing more. To make matters even worse, the delays with Bulldozer mean it will likely compete against the 22nm Ivy Bridge processors. Hence why I use the word "compete" very, very loosely.

One other thing to take into account: working Ivy Bridge processors have been already shown working behind closed doors.
Old January 11, 2011, 06:40 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Thanks Sky. Nice optimism there... at least where know where your preference lies.
Old January 11, 2011, 06:50 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
...the facts on the ground. No real news from AMD paired with the removal of the CEO within a month or two of the suspected release IMO = bad news.
Yep. Bulldozer is going to end up keeping AMD right where it is now in the marketplace...the value segment.

This was supposed to be the year the 'team got back in the playoffs' so to speak, but they just fired/ the head coach quit which really sucks for folks waiting for AMD processors to return to form.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 11, 2011, 07:37 PM
Banned
F@H

hmm..from what i heard we'll see them in the 2+ ghz range, early es units were below that.

but the thing i heard that impressed me the most,if i can call it that :p, is that it wont need 4ghz to be competitive against intel, in their proposed price/performance segments :)

i keep asking but im given no numbers...bastuges :p

anyone got a motherboard that takes server cpus that havent come to shelves? :D