Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3, 2011, 09:22 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delavan View Post
Note that this is from the inquirer...lol

That "roadmap" was slating the ZAMBEZI in Q2 2011...

Leaked AMD road map gives details of upcoming Zambezi AM3+ CPUs

that would be really nice to see that earlier!
AMD definitely NEED to do something to stop the bleeding!
Yes, the non OC Sandys will bring some customers to AMD, but the Mainstream enthusiasts will forget the AMD black Quads and Hexacores until Bulldozer comes out!
Nice little tidbit reaped from that article that i wasnt aware of:
"AM3 CPUs will be compatible in AM3+ motherboards"

If this is true, then AMD is gonna be laughing. Intel users are now forced to change sockets (yet again) in order to upgrade (so CPU + Motherboard) which = expensive. AMD users can simply get an AM3+ motherboard now and get a bulldozer later (And even keep their DDR3 ram)? Thats amazingly good news! AMD saves us money yet again!

Speculation: AMD will launch the entire platform and announce the availability of AM3+ motherboards within the next 1-2 months?

Also, could a mod or someone move this all to a new thread? We're most certainly not talking about *yawn* Sandy bridges here, lol.
Old January 3, 2011, 09:35 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Going to do my first ever AMD build hopefully within the next month or so here, I'm just hoping my dual core will unlock to a tri or quad and be stable enough to keep it that way :)
Old January 3, 2011, 10:33 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Haha! A speculation thread to call its own! now were talkin!
Old January 7, 2011, 10:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

No Dozer at CES. I was expecting some kind of demo or something. I dont know if you follow anandtech, but I do find their editorial interesting. They got one on AMD, and one of their comment on DOZER was interesting :

''One thing we didn’t see at AMD is Bulldozer, the CPU architecture intended to bridge the gap between the current K10.5 solutions and Intel’s Nehalem and Sandy Bridge offerings. We’ve discussed some of the specifics of Bulldozer in the past, but we still don’t have anything concrete to report in terms of performance. GF reports that 32nm production of Orochi is going well, and Bulldozer should show up later this year, but there was no hands-on time with BD at CES to report on. Estimates however are that it should provide a drop-in replacement on existing AMD servers that should boost performance by around 50%. If the desktop processors can get a similar performance boost, that ought to put Bulldozer into close competition with Sandy Bridge, and there’s no doubt that a 500GFLOPS GPU core (i.e. something similar to the HD 5600 series) will put paid to Intel’s HD Graphics 3000''

Interesting about the GPU on die performance and drop in replacement for server.

and link to the whole articele :

AMD and GlobalFoundries, CES 2011 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old January 7, 2011, 12:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I think Dozer is a debacle. AMD hasn't said a word about it since last year. I bet they are having some major issues with getting it to market. I will be getting my new i7 2600K pretty soon. BullDozer maybe here in Q4 or Q1 2012. Who knows since AMD is keeping MUM about it.
Old January 11, 2011, 04:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

Hey folks!
There is some more FUD about Bulldozer on FUDZILLA (good site for RUMOR stuff lolz...)

Quote from FUDZILLA:

Quote:
We have some good news for everyone who would like to see AMD make a big comeback in style.

Since the time when Athlon used to be a high-end brand, and by that we mean the good old K8 core, it's been a while since AMD had a high end part capable of competing with Intel on a par.

However, initial test scores that slipped to a hands of industry source are suggesting that Bulldozer should come really close to new Core i7 six-core CPUs. Bulldozer has both six and eight cores in the pipeline and they should be launching before the end of Q2 2011, at least that is the current schedule.

The performance of Bulldozer should come really close to Core i7, but we don't know if this might be enough to take Intel's high end market dominance. Samples of Bulldozer are out for a while now and the full production should start as soon as this quarter.

Sources are suggesting that and yields should be quite good and that the chip is doing just fine in 32nm. One thing is certain, even if Core i7 remains faster, Bulldozer X8 and X6 parts should end up way cheaper. It looks like AMD will finally give Intel a run for its money.
Whatever...it's LATE. It's almost insulting...AMD wake up! If you wanna fight, you have to show up in time on the ring...
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old January 11, 2011, 04:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I hate to be pessimistic when it comes to AMD procs, but having your CEO resign (or pushing him out) just prior to a major launch like bulldozer is never a good sign.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old January 11, 2011, 04:27 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I hate to be pessimistic when it comes to AMD procs, but having your CEO resign (or pushing him out) just prior to a major launch like bulldozer is never a good sign.
Would you prefer a processor monopoly? Lets hope AMD is just fine.

Hope also that Nvidia comes out with something decent as well. And the VIA gets back into it somehow.
Old January 11, 2011, 04:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Would you prefer a processor monopoly? Lets hope AMD is just fine.

Hope also that Nvidia comes out with something decent as well. And the VIA gets back into it somehow.
Nope, I've always been a strong supporter of non-intel procs provided they performed reasonably well (first was probably a cyrix chip... ;) ), but that still doesn't change the facts on the ground. No real news from AMD paired with the removal of the CEO within a month or two of the suspected release IMO = bad news.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old January 11, 2011, 04:32 PM
Banned
F@H

havent heard anything new, and still no idea of what per core performance exactly is, except for the old 'multithreading? we got it' saying thats been out for months :)

the fun part is that each core is actually two, so depending on how they put it....

say you get a quad, which in reality is an octo because of the double core thingie. surely at 2.5ghz itll be a mother. cranck it to 3.5 and itll be quite nice :)