Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 28, 2010, 05:04 AM
Restricted Poster

Default iPhone 5 in February 2011

I have a trusted friend that has connections to a very reliable person from.. to be honest, I don't even know where, but he has something to do with Apple and the iPhones.

He confirmed to my friend that the iPhone 5 would be released in February of 2011. He said that the antenna problem would be fixed (obviously), it would be faster- I don't have any details on what was upgraded or how much faster however-, and they would start releasing the iPhones in white.

My same friend also has a close friend that works with Rogers and he asked him about it also. The guy from Rogers also said that they would start getting stock of iPhone 5s in February. After getting the same answer from two different reliable people, it was enough for me to believe it. I was really close to going for a 3 year plan for the iPhone until my friend told me about this.

So yeah guys, I know I don't have any links to back up what I'm saying. I know "trusted friend" does not mean the same to you guys as it does to me, and I don't expect everyone to believe it, but I just thought I would share what I have heard.
Old December 28, 2010, 05:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

We'll see it when we see it. Supposedly the antenna is located behind the Apple logo this time instead of being the metal surrounding.
Old December 28, 2010, 07:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Now lets see how many people buy into the very small upgrade and try unloading their iPhone 4s they've had for less then a year just so they can have the latest and greatest from apple.
Old December 28, 2010, 07:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow, this is even worse than computer parts. Atleast (with GPU's) you get a decent just in performance or thermals when you upgrade...

-Plato
Old December 28, 2010, 07:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I call bull crap. Every single iPhone has been released in June/July. If anybody knows Apple they release things roughly the same time every single year.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 28, 2010, 07:55 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Would be crazy if they released it that early...I mean come on the ipone 4 hasn't even been out a year?...I think if I ever get a iphone or something similar it will be a droid...All I need a phone for is for calling and texting people, hell I don't even text cause I think it's easier to just call someone and say what you need to say then spending five times as long on a mini keypad. Phones are over rated now a days..
Old December 28, 2010, 09:56 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I don't see this happening so early honestly, would showcase a major failure of the iPhone 4 and so far Apple has been standing behind the iPhone as a solid product. I do however do see an iPad refresh coming in February.
Old December 28, 2010, 10:24 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I call BS on all of this.
I know a refresh of the iPad is coming for sure, but apple isn't usually "hush hush" like this so soon to a new release. If there was a new release they'd be advertising it and explaining why.

As much as I hate apple, and love the iPhone, I know they are good like this.
Old December 28, 2010, 11:03 AM
Rookie

Could it be that they are just fixing the antennae problem but trying to get away with not having to fix all of the iphone 4s that are already out. At any rate maybe we can get some cheap iPhone 4s :)
Old December 28, 2010, 11:53 AM
Allstar
F@H

I think that it will be called the Iphone 4gs.

Q9550 E0 stepping @ 4Ghz
Gigabyte EP45 UD3P
G.Skill pc2 8500 1066mhz RAM
Corsair TX750 Watt Power Supply
Western Digital 500gb and Seagate 500gb in RAID 0
Western Digital 250gb
Antec 1200
OCZ Vendetta 2 LGA 775 CPU cooler with bolt thru kit
XFX HD5970
Steelseries 7G Mechanical Keyboard
Samsung 305T 30 Inch 2560x1600 LCD monitor
Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Speakers, Sennheiser HD215's, G35's