Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/)
-   -   iPhone 5 in February 2011 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/39325-iphone-5-february-2011-a.html)

DRYJESUS December 28, 2010 05:04 AM

iPhone 5 in February 2011

I have a trusted friend that has connections to a very reliable person from.. to be honest, I don't even know where, but he has something to do with Apple and the iPhones.

He confirmed to my friend that the iPhone 5 would be released in February of 2011. He said that the antenna problem would be fixed (obviously), it would be faster- I don't have any details on what was upgraded or how much faster however-, and they would start releasing the iPhones in white.

My same friend also has a close friend that works with Rogers and he asked him about it also. The guy from Rogers also said that they would start getting stock of iPhone 5s in February. After getting the same answer from two different reliable people, it was enough for me to believe it. I was really close to going for a 3 year plan for the iPhone until my friend told me about this.

So yeah guys, I know I don't have any links to back up what I'm saying. I know "trusted friend" does not mean the same to you guys as it does to me, and I don't expect everyone to believe it, but I just thought I would share what I have heard.

bojangles December 28, 2010 05:50 AM

We'll see it when we see it. Supposedly the antenna is located behind the Apple logo this time instead of being the metal surrounding.

Arinoth December 28, 2010 07:14 AM

Now lets see how many people buy into the very small upgrade and try unloading their iPhone 4s they've had for less then a year just so they can have the latest and greatest from apple.

jcmaz December 28, 2010 07:27 AM

Wow, this is even worse than computer parts. Atleast (with GPU's) you get a decent just in performance or thermals when you upgrade...

belgolas December 28, 2010 07:39 AM

I call bull crap. Every single iPhone has been released in June/July. If anybody knows Apple they release things roughly the same time every single year.

Blu December 28, 2010 07:55 AM

Would be crazy if they released it that early...I mean come on the ipone 4 hasn't even been out a year?...I think if I ever get a iphone or something similar it will be a droid...All I need a phone for is for calling and texting people, hell I don't even text cause I think it's easier to just call someone and say what you need to say then spending five times as long on a mini keypad. Phones are over rated now a days..

MrDiaz December 28, 2010 09:56 AM

I don't see this happening so early honestly, would showcase a major failure of the iPhone 4 and so far Apple has been standing behind the iPhone as a solid product. I do however do see an iPad refresh coming in February.

Inate8 December 28, 2010 10:24 AM

I call BS on all of this.
I know a refresh of the iPad is coming for sure, but apple isn't usually "hush hush" like this so soon to a new release. If there was a new release they'd be advertising it and explaining why.

As much as I hate apple, and love the iPhone, I know they are good like this.

Tristan December 28, 2010 11:03 AM

Could it be that they are just fixing the antennae problem but trying to get away with not having to fix all of the iphone 4s that are already out. At any rate maybe we can get some cheap iPhone 4s :)

shayan288 December 28, 2010 11:53 AM

I think that it will be called the Iphone 4gs.