Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 11, 2011, 05:20 PM
Rookie

from what apple has done in the past, more than like it will be an iphone4S in white for CDMA HSPA and GSM.

Last year the same thing happened where they never released the white. Made minor changes to the 3G and released an S version.

White was supposed to be released in December, and you can bet that Apple will release an Iphone4 in white before they release an Iphone5
Old March 11, 2011, 05:26 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellplanman View Post
from what apple has done in the past, more than like it will be an iphone4S in white for CDMA HSPA and GSM.

Last year the same thing happened where they never released the white. Made minor changes to the 3G and released an S version.

White was supposed to be released in December, and you can bet that Apple will release an Iphone4 in white before they release an Iphone5

They might release the white model in April, as is being reported, but the 5th generation will be absolutely be announced in June.
Old March 11, 2011, 05:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
They might release the white model in April, as is being reported, but the 5th generation will be absolutely be announced in June.
Apple is known to release a new iphone once a year generally end of july. Odds of them releasing both a white Iphone4 + an Iphone5 will hurt their sales.

I have some customers still running around waiting for a white Iphone4. People are not going to lineup at the apple store for the white iphone4 then two months down the road buy iphone5's. They are going to be so pissed their either spent 700$+ on the phone or wasted their HUP
Old March 11, 2011, 05:38 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Apple is known to release a new iphone once a year generally end of july. Odds of them releasing both a white Iphone4 + an Iphone5 will hurt their sales.

I have some customers still running around waiting for a white Iphone4. People are not going to lineup at the apple store for the white iphone4 then two months down the road buy iphone5's. They are going to be so pissed their either spent 700$+ on the phone or wasted their HUP
I have no opinion about the white model, nor the people stupid enough to want one at this point in time, but the iPhone 5 will 100% be announced at WWDC 2011 in early June.
Old March 11, 2011, 05:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I have no opinion about the white model, nor the people stupid enough to want one at this point in time, but the iPhone 5 will 100% be announced at WWDC 2011 on June 7th.
Are there any pictures leaked yet?

Apples release dates have been lagging... much like blizzard goddamn I hate how D3 hasnt come out since the pre-order has been on amazon for over a year!
Old March 11, 2011, 05:48 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Are there any pictures leaked yet?
Nope, just dubious mockups & etc.

But it will look the same as the current model (just with a ~3.8 inch screen, to maintain a 300 DPI level @ 960x640) and probably feature a milled aluminium back.
Old March 11, 2011, 05:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Nope, just dubious mockups & etc.

But it will look the same as the current model (just with a ~3.8 inch screen, to maintain a 300 DPI level @ 960x640) and probably feature a milled aluminium back.
lol I dont want to cause trouble on my first day on the forum, but 95% it will be a 4GS not an iPhone5.
Old March 11, 2011, 05:57 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
lol I dont want to cause trouble on my first day on the forum, but 95% it will be a 4GS not an iPhone5.
I don't believe they are going to call it 4G-anything because it wont feature 4G, and that would just be hugely confusing.
Old March 11, 2011, 05:58 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I don't believe they are going to call it 4G-anything because it wont feature 4G, and that would just be hugely confusing.
Now that is a very very valid point. Well done.

Now Im confused about what I think. but excellent point.
Old March 11, 2011, 06:05 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Now that is a very very valid point. Well done.

Now Im confused about what I think. but excellent point.
...unless of course Apple succumbs to the networks current rebranding insanity, whereby 3G+ is now 4G, but I would be surprised.