Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 28, 2010, 01:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

Your friend is full of shit. Apple has (Like stated above) ALWAYS released the iPhones in June or July except for 2008 when they added a 16GB model to their lineup. The full launch of a new phone wouldn't happen in February. Works for me anyway, I'm not eligible for my hardware upgrade form Rogers until April 30th ;)
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old December 28, 2010, 01:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's obviously useless to buy an iphone since the next year you are so NOT COOL because the new version is now and the subliminal message they add in the phone start to make you belive you need the new one!
Lol...
But well, after 5 gen and so many Ipod...I just can;t understand why people get wet this much about it?

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 28, 2010, 01:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
It's obviously useless to buy an iphone since the next year you are so NOT COOL because the new version is now and the subliminal message they add in the phone start to make you belive you need the new one!
Lol...
But well, after 5 gen and so many Ipod...I just can;t understand why people get wet this much about it?
I wanted an iPhone 4 to be honest because I still had the 3G - I had an unfortunate toilet accident with my 3G and Rogers being out of stock on the 3G sent me a new 8GB 3GS instead, it's fast enough and does what I need, so I really don't feel the urgent need to get one. Depending on what the next revision brings, I will upgrade, but that's now because I need more than 8GB of space on my phone, not because of new gizmos and gadgetry

Edit - Actually cruising around the MR forums quite a bit, those that dive onto the bleeding edge iphones are either the hackers or legitimate developers, standard users slobbering over the new releases seem to have died down.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old December 28, 2010, 01:23 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

@Martin: I am no Apple fan, but just really like the iPhone and I like the choice in accessories and such for it. The iPhone 4 was the first Apple product I ever had (I almost bought the Galaxy S though). Being 'cool' has nothing to do with it for me (would take much more than a phone to make me look cool ;p).

I doubt there will be a new phone in Feb. Perhaps just a white version of the current phone.
Fold for team #54196
Old December 28, 2010, 01:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
I doubt there will be a new phone in Feb. Perhaps just a white version of the current phone.
It wouldn't surprise me if Apple just leaves the white phone for the new revision, as it stands, even Feb would be so close to the release of the next phone, a lot of people would leave it alone and wait it out. It's kind of becoming the great white whale from Apple because of the manufacturing issues they had.
-Author Unknown
Old December 28, 2010, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have the 4 but mainly because I broke my 3GS beyond self repair. The 3GS I have repaired 3 times myself. The iPhone is so easy to fix but now I have the 4 with a massive case called the otterbox and warranty from Best Buy.

And Tristan the iPhone 4 does not need fixing. I have not had any issues with it.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 28, 2010, 04:58 PM
Restricted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
Your friend is full of shit. Apple has (Like stated above) ALWAYS released the iPhones in June or July except for 2008 when they added a 16GB model to their lineup. The full launch of a new phone wouldn't happen in February. Works for me anyway, I'm not eligible for my hardware upgrade form Rogers until April 30th ;)
Yeah, I know the iPhones are always released in June or July, but it doesn't mean things can't change. Why the reason for the change? Well, I think it's mainly because of the antenna problem, and because the white iPhones were never released. They've recently taken the white iPhone 4 off of the Apple website, and I think this is because the iPhone 4 won't be the iPhone 4. It'll have a different name, and they're obviously not going to put up the real name of it and pop in "coming soon". I think it's really possible that this could just be a different revision of the iPhone 4 such as the "4Gs", since there's not really a major upgrade. No reason to bump it up a whole number.

I've known my friend forever, he's predicted releases of other phones before, so I really trust him. It'd be more likely that he was given incorrect information than the fact that he's "full of shit". Maybe you could just ask some Rogers guy and see if he'd tell you!
Old December 28, 2010, 08:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

@ Neo and chris, I know the Iphone is a nice phone. The point I was pointing, and maybe I do it wrong ( wouldn't be the first time eh :P ) is the wierd way Iphone suer have to upgrade on every gen for well...mostly nothing. As you say the 3G is fast enough and work good so why people sell them only to buy a 4G? And the same will happen with the fifth gen, many people will sell their 4G for cheap to get a 5G. That's simply something I can't understand.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 29, 2010, 12:21 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRYJESUS View Post
Maybe you could just ask some Rogers guy and see if he'd tell you!
It would be pointless. Rogers doesn't know. At this point in it's development phase, the only people who know a release date are in Cupertino. And they fear the wrath of Steve too much right now to let it go.
-Author Unknown
Old December 29, 2010, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Haha ask a Rogers employee. Most know nothing. Yell most didn't know when the iPhone went on Sale. Rogers employees are just as dumb as Best Buy employees unless they are in retentions.

I could see the white iPhone 4 being released in February. Or possibly a Verizon iPhone.

Although there are some rumors of the iPhone 5 releasing early.

Also IMO the iPhone 4 doesn't need fixing cause nothing is broken. And it is NOT the 4g.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."