Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 29, 2010, 01:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Next generation Intel vs AMD?

Does anyone know when exactly AMD is going to bring their much anticipated Bulldozer out?
Does Intel plans something new as well, will it replace the 1366 socket?
I'm really curious.
Old October 29, 2010, 04:51 PM
MVP

My System Specs

LGA 2011 and Waimea Bay (hope I spelled that right) are supposed to replace 1366.
Old November 5, 2010, 07:04 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

whats bulldozer going to be? a 32nm socket 939 chip with more cores? Thats all AMD has seemed to be in performance terms as of recent. It tool me quite a bit to see that too.
Old November 5, 2010, 08:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Last time I read, the new 1366 replacement should be out Q3 2011. There will be the mainstream version in Q1 2011. Dont have a clue about AMD, but I want it to be good !

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old November 5, 2010, 08:32 AM
MVP

My System Specs

It's going to be a 32nm modular-core architecture.
Old November 5, 2010, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I really hope that we slow down on the core war. AMD and Intel need to focus on pipeline architecture and efficiency.
Old November 5, 2010, 11:09 AM
F@H

My System Specs

We're going to have to wait until the kit hit's the street before making too many guesses. From a budget enthusiast's POV, the biggest issue(s) I'm going to be watching are the suggestions that Intel is moving towards disabling any OC options on their non Enthusiast chips (by non-enthusiast, read "affordable").

Until they hit the street we won't know for sure, but I suspect the great majority of our members wouldn't be buying into a completely locked platform.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 5, 2010, 11:12 AM
Banned
F@H

it will be interesting. say the new cpu is 20 percent better, but you can oc the old one and get 30-40 pr more percent . i dont see too many people, besides us online necromongers going to rant about it. which gives intel the green light.
Old November 5, 2010, 12:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
it will be interesting. say the new cpu is 20 percent better, but you can oc the old one and get 30-40 pr more percent . i dont see too many people, besides us online necromongers going to rant about it. which gives intel the green light.
This I am going to have to agree with for one part. Our online purchases into CPU's are probably less than 5% of what is sold in pre-build box computer makers/distributors (i.e. Dell/HP ect ect).

So you are probably correct.
That being said however, I can expect that if AMD's Bulldozer is 90% as good as Intel and is not locked Board partners and AMD chips are going to be one hot item.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 5, 2010, 12:18 PM
Banned
F@H

from what i gather doser will be a multi-threaded freak. having said that allusion, i don't expect it to match the per thread per core performance of whatever intel will have out the door then. but if the murmurs are correct, unless you surf the net or check email and do actual threaded work with it? sweet jesus. the pricing will be ,unfortunately, an issue if said performance is there as well.right now, amd doesn't charge more for cpus to remain competitive, at least in the low to mid end. if intel had slower cpus, trust me we would pay a good chunk more. remember the first a64's? don't think it cost them 300 dollars for producing one chip, from planning,to developing, to production, followed by pr and 'my e-pen is bigger because it has 64 bit take that!' .... :)

Tags
amd , cpu , intel , motherbaord , processor