Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old October 20, 2010, 01:08 PM
Dr_BenD_over's Avatar
Fallen Folder
F@H
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,418

My System Specs

Default Nvidia at it again...

[H]ard|OCP - Benchmark Wars

Don't shoot the messenger
__________________
All's well that's Haswell
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old October 20, 2010, 01:09 PM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,068

My System Specs

Default

Bang your dead!!!!!



ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old October 20, 2010, 01:29 PM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,836
Default

Claims by NVIDIA

Claims by AMD


Same old story.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old October 20, 2010, 01:38 PM
Avid6eek's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Schenectady, NY
Posts: 72
Default

Baseless claims from either company are annoying, but this is interesting. Ubisoft did not correctly implement Direct 11 tesselation to specifically benefit nVidia. A quick look at the H.A.W.X. 2 website confirms my suspicions..."the way it is meant to be played."

Dirty trick nVidia...have a developer purposely cripple a game and you line their pockets in exchange.

This goes a little deeper than the typical he said she said.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old October 20, 2010, 01:48 PM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,068

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid6eek View Post
Baseless claims from either company are annoying, but this is interesting. Ubisoft did not correctly implement Direct 11 tesselation to specifically benefit nVidia. A quick look at the H.A.W.X. 2 website confirms my suspicions..."the way it is meant to be played."

Dirty trick nVidia...have a developer purposely cripple a game and you line their pockets in exchange.

This goes a little deeper than the typical he said she said.

There will never be enough 'concrete' proof to support either claim.

This is typical of both companies.
Which is why I wish Intel wOuldn't have shelved there Discrete Graphics solutions.
A third *blue* competitor would have just been perfect.

ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old October 20, 2010, 01:52 PM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,836
Default

Come on. This is a PRE RELEASE benchmark. Expect it to be bug free? Especially from Ubisoft?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old October 20, 2010, 02:08 PM
encorp's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,425

My System Specs

Default

Someone ban this Avid6eek guy from posting in any Nvidia/ATI related threads. He says the same thing in every single one of them, derails the topic and makes it impossible to engage in discussion. He's on my ignore list, so I can't actually see what he says anymore, but I can only guess at it's quality.


http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...earchid=967193
__________________
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old October 20, 2010, 02:12 PM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Someone ban this Avid6eek guy from posting in any Nvidia/ATI related threads. He says the same thing in every single one of them, derails the topic and makes it impossible to engage in discussion. He's on my ignore list, so I can't actually see what he says anymore, but I can only guess at it's quality.


http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...earchid=967193
He's entitled to his opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old October 20, 2010, 02:15 PM
AkG's Avatar
AkG AkG is offline
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
His observation was spot on.
As the old saying goes "even a broken watch is right twice a day".
__________________
"If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe." -JR

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old October 20, 2010, 02:17 PM
Avid6eek's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Schenectady, NY
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
There will never be enough 'concrete' proof to support either claim.

This is typical of both companies.
Which is why I wish Intel wOuldn't have shelved there Discrete Graphics solutions.
A third *blue* competitor would have just been perfect.

ST
Agreed. I was looking forward to larabee to see how it would change the graphics landscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Come on. This is a PRE RELEASE benchmark. Expect it to be bug free? Especially from Ubisoft?
Ubisoft has issues with how they implemented DX11 tesselation. The Radeon HD5XXX and HD6XXX series are fully DX11 compliant. This bug should equally affect NV and AMD. AMD has show Ubisoft how to fix the problem, and the developer who recieves nice checks from NV has chosen not to implement the fixes. That is quite the series of unfortunate events for AMD.

Where is HC's copy of this email? It's sitting in someone's inbox. >>> Looking at you SKYMTL since you do have your "high level" talks with nVidia about future products and such (refering to GTX 580 thread).
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motherboard has nvidia chipset,is it better to have a Nvidia vid card? fourthman Video Cards 4 September 21, 2010 08:16 PM
ati-nvidia physx hybrid, how to oc nvidia card? cozmosland Video Cards 2 March 21, 2010 12:24 PM
NVIDIA Brings A New Dimension To PC Gaming With NVIDIA 3DTV Play For The Big Screen FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 26 March 16, 2010 08:53 PM
NVIDIA Fermi (GT300) Pictured From NVIDIA GTC FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 22 October 2, 2009 09:04 PM
first time with nvidia.... nvidia or ati? hohohee Video Cards 27 April 27, 2009 09:49 PM