Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 25, 2007, 06:53 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

I have been running vista since it's commercial release and performance wise, I have no complaints. Granted, vista is a bit of a resource pig but if you have more then 2gb of RAM and a new CPU, it flies along just fine. Benchmarking vista with 1gb of RAM is retarded though in my opinion, my system uses about 1.gb of RAM, at idle.
Antec P180
BFG GTX 260 Core 216
Corsair HX-620
Thermaltake Power Express 250W
Raptor150, WD 500gb. WD 300GB
X-Fi Extreme Music
Old November 26, 2007, 03:01 AM
Allstar
F@H

Indeed it is a resource hog, indeed it is. My biggest annoyance with Vista is the computability right now, it's normally a bad thing not being able to hook up certain wireless cards because they have no vista drivers -_-...that and I hate the repair connection on it, if I lose connection on xp, click repair, I'm back in a matter of seconds, do it on Vista...umm...yeah...nothing happens. But other then that, I've had no problems with it.