Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 19, 2010, 07:40 AM
Rookie

Anything new yet? I'm really in need of something like this. Is it possible to ask if they are having legal issues?
------------------------------
AMD P2 955BE@3.87Ghz W/C
4GB DDR2 Cruical
AMD Radeon 4870 1GB @ Stock
2x 1TB HD's
CoolerMaster 690 II
X-Fi Gamer Xtreme
SilverStone OP750
Old September 20, 2010, 07:27 AM
Rookie

Default Mine is here...

I've got my tracking number and mine is supposed to be delivered via UPS in the next hour or so.... I'll let you all know what I think any maybe post some pictures when I get it..

-Dan
Old September 20, 2010, 07:40 AM
Rookie

Does that mean it's out or are you one of the lucky peeps that gets one early? I can't find any news about it on the net...
AMD P2 955BE@3.87Ghz W/C
4GB DDR2 Cruical
2x 1TB HD's
CoolerMaster 690 II
X-Fi Gamer Xtreme
SilverStone OP750
Old September 20, 2010, 09:42 AM
Rookie

Default T4 Pictures (In Orange)

Ok... here is the pics of my T4.... Can't wait to install it and see how it works.... Should note that I am somewhat disappointed in the quality of the labor... 1.) Acrylic front had paper on both front and back so from a QA standpoint they clearly are NOT leak testing these before sending them out.... 2.) Where they drilled in the fill/drain ports no sanding of the edges was done, mine in particular has some stringy plastic/delrin hanging down from one of the screw holes and these really need to be sanded... 3.) The inside of the smoked acrylic inside the T4 and the expansion chamber is scratched up on the inside, and I can see where a little too much glue was used putting the piece in place, not to mention I am going to be curious to see how this piece being acrylic holds up to the pressures of the expansion chamber of the pump...

-Dan

Last edited by DanCreed; September 20, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old September 20, 2010, 12:08 PM
Rookie

I must say, that thing is FUGLY! I sure hope that they fix those issues that you described. And give it a color change. Let us know how it works for you.

Umm... you didn't happen to break a NDA by posting this, did you? I got the pics saved anyways.

Hey Professor, you can probably post your stuff now. =)
AMD P2 955BE@3.87Ghz W/C
4GB DDR2 Cruical
2x 1TB HD's
CoolerMaster 690 II
X-Fi Gamer Xtreme
SilverStone OP750
Old September 20, 2010, 02:12 PM
Rookie

Default NDA

I didn't sign NDA but I got an e-mail at 2:25pm... (well after I posted those pictures) stating that I shouldn't post pictures... silly me I assumed once I got the product they wouldn't have a problem with pictures as these things are live and "in the wild" now.... At any rate I've removed the pictures for now at Primochill's request...

I don't know that it's ugly per se... (I like the color orange)... but the quality issues and little things will make me be really curious when Danger Den comes out with their's in the next couple weeks on how the 2 compare. It's kind of sad that they left out some of the things that were really ingenious on the T3, like the channel where the fill ports are so that if you slightly overfilled it didn't spill... Also made it easy to bleed the system...

The DangerDen was is going to have built in LED's supposedly... but who knows... I'm going to start leak testing this guy tonight and we'll see what happens and how it works...

-Dan
Old September 20, 2010, 02:13 PM
Rookie

One more thing... as for the color... they offered numerous choices.. I choose the Orange, cause I have an all black case and will be running Orange and Black as my colors with kind of a halloween theme.. :)
Old September 20, 2010, 02:38 PM
Rookie

Good to know that it comes in black as well. I like black =)

I post this link in a few different places, so I know some people saw thing. I hope you didn't mind, I just think that Primochill shouldn't be so tight liped about it.

Can you tell me more about this DenDanger one? I got money right now, that is burning a hole in my pocket and I NEED something like this. I plan on doing a dual loop in the future.
AMD P2 955BE@3.87Ghz W/C
4GB DDR2 Cruical
2x 1TB HD's
CoolerMaster 690 II
X-Fi Gamer Xtreme
SilverStone OP750
Old September 21, 2010, 09:54 AM
Rookie

New DD Delrin Bay Res - XtremeSystems Forums

this is the thread on the DangerDen one... it was designed by BoxGods (Gino) the same person that originally designed the Typhoon III... I don't know the inside story but from what I've heard BoxGods and primochill fell out of favor and had some bad blood between them over the issues with the Typhoon III... I have no idea what all happened I just know what the rumors are on the boards and unless I hear from both Brian (PrimoChill and Gino) for both sides of the stories I'm not judging or having anything against either one of them.... However I do think PrimoChill needs to do a better job at quality control, setting realistic deadlines/release dates, and to be more up front with the public (as well as customers) when issues arise...

Thanks,
Dan

Old October 7, 2010, 09:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Finally mine is shipping!

Apparently they were having vibration issues with the first batch that was sent out, so mine got delayed even further!!!

No ETA yet, but it did ship this morning.