Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 18, 2010, 02:52 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCreed View Post
...I'm not holding my breath that we are actually going to get the typhoon IV shipped this week or next, much less any more details..

-Dan

LOL! This week or next... I dont expect to have this in my hands for at least another month! 45-60 days was the original estimated delivery i was promised back in June, and were already past that with no end product in sight.

Personally I don't really care how long it takes as long as they get it right this time.
Old August 20, 2010, 12:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Another update... looks like it will actually be decently soon as to when we will have this in hand. Here is the answer I got in regards to the fill/drain port:

Quote:
Several of our customers have mentioned the fillport option. We are offering that as a post production option, so please let us know if this is something you would desire. You can always fill using a T-line from the back inlets. We are also offering the following colors: Black, Blue, Green, Red, and Orange.

In summary please provide this information:
1. Would you like the fillport/drain?
2. What color?

The brackets should be here on friday. They will need to be test fitted. Because we cannot predict the brackets being perfect until they are in our hands, I do not have a solid ship date as of yet. Also, the adding of the fillport option and custom color will require a few days labor.
Best Regards,

Melissa
Customer Support

So it still doesnt specify where the fillport will be, so I have asked that. If its in the plexi front face then I said no, but if its a top port in the Delrin I'd be interested in having one to hook into a fillport on my case. Otherwise, I'll be using a T-Line.

I'm not sure what they meant about color, if its the body or the plexi, but in either case I have chosen black.

I've also asked for pictures of the mounting bracket, so I will post any info I get in regards to that also.

Old August 23, 2010, 02:21 PM
Rookie

Default Same thing..

Too funny... I got the same e-mail and responded with the same question.. is the fillport option going to be on top, the front, or both... I also asked if it will (or can) have the channel with dual fillports like the T3 had so if you happen to overfill it a little bit your ok.... If I hear anything I'll post on here as well.. I'm honestly surprised they seemed to have "forgotten" some of these features they had on the T3 and no one seemed to have thought about incorporating them into the T4..

Thanks,
Dan
Old August 24, 2010, 03:43 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Update regarding the brackets... surprise, surprise... another delay, but at least they called this one minor. I'm slightly optimistic about the "Customizations that you provided last last week are now in progress." line... at least that leads me to believe I will be getting my top-mounted fill port as requested.

I'm starting to realize that when they say "more information next week" it usually means 2 weeks, so expect another update in a couple weeks.

Quote:
Brad,
I will get you pictures for sure next week. Here is the latest update:

Just wanted to update you on the progress of the T4.
The brackets were received on Friday afternoon.
A slight modification is needed to make the bracket universal to all cases including
the tooless cases that are now more prevalent in todays market. The modification is a minor one so we do not
anticipate too much longer of a wait. Our offices are closed for the rest of the week to re-open on Monday.
I hope to have more information next week and be able to answer any specific questions you have then. Customizations that you provided last last week are now in progress. Have a great week.

Best Regards,

Melissa
Customer Support

Old August 25, 2010, 03:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

its the legal wrangling thats holding this up
Old September 2, 2010, 07:33 AM
Rookie

What legal wrangling is that?

-Dan
Old September 3, 2010, 10:36 AM
Rookie

Damn, I want to see this thing. Any other news about it yet?
------------------------------
AMD P2 955BE@3.87Ghz W/C
4GB DDR2 Cruical
AMD Radeon 4870 1GB @ Stock
2x 1TB HD's
CoolerMaster 690 II
X-Fi Gamer Xtreme
SilverStone OP750
Old September 3, 2010, 11:00 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

There should be some more info this week... I havnt gotten any more since my last post though.
Old September 3, 2010, 10:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Another update, another "issue". It does sound like these are getting really close to completion though.

They sent pics of the white body one this time and I gotta say, it looks absolutely gorgeous... It'll be perfect with my white fans in my 800D.

The mounting system looks completely bullet-proof compared to the T3. Its got slots now, and looks like it will use a nut-and-bolt system instead of those tiny brass screws. It has holes for both the upper and lower drive cage holes. It looks like it will
literally fit any case now, with no modifications to the case at all.

Quote:
Hello,
Here is the latest update:
*We have encountered an issue when attempting to dye the reserviors. The heat required shrinks the material and causes the thread for the pump cap to become loose. We have come up with alternatives this last week but strongly suggest leaving the reservoir in its natural state (ie. white/natural). Please see picture links below. We sincerely apologize for this unforeseen result. We are completing the fillport/drain modifications next week and are also hoping to include an install guide. Also, the bracket modification has been made and we expect them to be here by Thursday Sept 9th. Have a great holiday weekend!!**

PLEASE DO NOT DISTRIBUTE. THIS MEANS NO POSTING IN FORUMS OR SHOWING TO THE PUBLIC.

[LINKS REMOVED]

Best Regards,

Melissa
Customer Support
Old September 4, 2010, 08:18 PM
Rookie

i heard the Primochill Typhoon III not that great. heard it leaks and quality of plastic/acrylic is not up to par. lets hope they make this a good one!