Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28, 2010, 04:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default 5970 Promo

I wonder just what kind of system you could build with those funds available. Three 108" tvs, custom gaming chair,... Oh to dream!!!
Old April 28, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Can't they just ditch all this crappy BS marketing and start selling these cards? Im hoping to get one of the newer 5970s (Ares or this one or other) for Stygian 3....
I agree. After this lame stunt; XFX is now on my "don't buy list". I'm not one for cheese; and this is cheddar all the way.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old April 28, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile 5970 Promo

To each his own. Personally, I like the double lifetime warranty. I have never had anything but good experiences with XFX. I had some minor issues which were resolved quickly and professionally. I don't let cheesy promos turn me off of a good product with great support to back it. I'm not critisizing your comments but merely wish to point out their determination to resolve the most important issue, the customer, will keep me coming back. What about the Asus ROG 5970? Is that thing a monster or what!!!
Old April 28, 2010, 05:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Computer stuff is "geeky" enough without bukake like this. At the very least make it believable like Apple did ahaha
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old April 28, 2010, 05:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Why don't they just get a toy company to make the submachine gun cases, include them with all the cards and charge a ridiculous price for them? This has to be the most unique packaging I've seen yet.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old April 28, 2010, 06:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default 5970 Promo

How about getting the ladies to deliver the card to you in their bathing suit? Ok, for the ladies, some studly guy.

Seriously, 6 plugs for monitors? I can't even begin to wonder what's next.
Old April 28, 2010, 07:17 PM
Banned
F@H

dont think xfx pulled the ebay auction..that would make for some buzz, but turns negative or such with the 0 feedback new bidders
Old April 28, 2010, 07:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile 5970 Promo

Maybe they should've bought it at some ridiculous price. I would've cost them paypal fees. That would get people talking.
Old April 29, 2010, 07:30 AM
Top Prospect

Just want to point out you could get a real full auto / 3 shot burst M16 for similar price.

Colt Factory M16 A1 Transferable U Config choices : Machine Guns at GunBroker.com

Instead of a plastic toy.
Old April 29, 2010, 02:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by whited View Post
Just want to point out you could get a real full auto / 3 shot burst M16 for similar price.

Colt Factory M16 A1 Transferable U Config choices : Machine Guns at GunBroker.com

Instead of a plastic toy.
But will it play Metro 2033?

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)