Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2010, 08:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default MSI and Hydra chip means DX11 5800 and 400 Mixing Big Bang Fusuoin (Hexus. com)

HEXUS.net - News :: MSI adds DX11 support to GPU-mixing Big Bang Fuzion board : Page - 1/1

Pic of bord and story

No Nividia drivers yet

HYRA allaows the use of boath Radion and Nvidia on the some board
Old April 19, 2010, 05:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Although it's cool to see something like this I think I'd stick with crossfire or sli and not two cards from two different venders.
Old April 19, 2010, 05:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I could see only a handle full of people really wanting or needing this as most people prefer to stay with one brand or another as it 'typically' does not improve your system going cross branding
Old April 22, 2010, 11:51 AM
Top Prospect

It is better because each GPU has objects to draw, instead of frames or portion of the screen. This reduces the duplication of processes and data in memory to share objects between GPUs.
Old April 22, 2010, 12:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Like I said before, I only think this chip is useful for something like when people who get another GPU as a gift, and it's a different brand. Would much rather stick to Crossfire or SLI.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old April 22, 2010, 01:04 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
Like I said before, I only think this chip is useful for something like when people who get another GPU as a gift, and it's a different brand. Would much rather stick to Crossfire or SLI.
I donno, I would have to see statistics comparing the two. I personally think if you take the $200 dollar overhead on that board, and put it into better video cards you would get better results. It is cool in theory, but probably doesn't deliever for the cost.

I don't like intel and the big bang motherboard was only for intel, so it ruled that option out for me.

Yeah for Christmas, my parents gave me a ATI video card, and my Girlfriend gave me a Nvidia card. I couldn't return them for some reason. They have done that for the last several years now, so I'll plan ahead this year and get a big bang motherboard.
Old April 22, 2010, 04:56 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

This board has been known for ages, and it's even been tested. In general, performance using the Hydra chip was actually worse than a single card. Unless this technology matures significantly to actually provide a benefit, it's basically a complete waste.

Tags
hydra , msi board , nvidia , radion