Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2010, 03:24 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSound View Post
I too hope the W1zzard reconsiders. We all need a break now and then.
This may just be it, who knows. I am sure someone who is that into computers will simply not give them up all together and go live in the forest in a log cabin. He will still keep up with the new technology even if he doesn't review it. Perhaps, after a time, he will long to review again!
Old April 1, 2010, 06:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

After reading most of that thread all I can say is that he obviously was looking for a way out and found a perfectly good excuse by feeling slighted. I don't take the internet that serious and of course there are far too many people looking for reasons to troll than people that genuinely care about reviews. Then, like vultures, they circled the carcass and picked it clean. It is sad, but it is the risk you take when being a reviewer. Lucky for me I only review cases, cooling and hard drives as noone really cares about them so I never see any harsh criticism. I feel for the people that review GPUs/CPUs as it does consume a great amount of time to do them properly, but noone forced you to. You took the job on and should not be quite so sensitive.

Last edited by b1lk1; April 1, 2010 at 06:08 AM.
Old April 1, 2010, 08:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

In some ways but if you feel like no one appreciates what you do than you don't want to do it anymore. People just feel entitled so they criticize everything even though they do nothing to help out and don't know how much work goes into it.

I would pay a subscription for HWC if they reviewed more and improved their reviewing and got some more equipment for testing hardware. Plus more video reviews and the like I could easily do a subscription if they could get enough money to do it full time as I love their reviews. Especially their video reviews are the absolute best.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old April 1, 2010, 08:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
In some ways but if you feel like no one appreciates what you do than you don't want to do it anymore. People just feel entitled so they criticize everything even though they do nothing to help out and don't know how much work goes into it.

I would pay a subscription for HWC if they reviewed more and improved their reviewing and got some more equipment for testing hardware. Plus more video reviews and the like I could easily do a subscription if they could get enough money to do it full time as I love their reviews. Especially their video reviews are the absolute best.
For me, I like HWC the way it is. I read many reviews here and bunch of other sites and the reviews here are done well and professional.
Old April 1, 2010, 08:40 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post

dangerous tought :)
Old April 1, 2010, 08:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well, SKYMTL is just as anal about doing things right as the head of the site I write reviews for so I can honestly state that I like the way things are done here for sure. I may not always agree with opinions expressed, but there is certainly a very high level of competence and professionalism here.
Old April 1, 2010, 09:07 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Problem with the paid model is that most other competing sites don't do it. Would I pay for HWC now? Absolutely. But this is my internet home now....if I were looking for a home, and HWC was one of 10 sites that asked for money to join fully, then I might have went elsewhere.

I do agree with b1lk1 though; this one review is not the reason W1zzard is leaving. He must have been thinking of it for a while, and this was the last straw. He lost something in his zeal for reviewing, but it is still very sad that people get their jollies by attacking hardware reviews.

In any case, a loss for the hardware community, and I hope he stays involved in some manner and his contributions are certainly appreciated by me.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 2, 2010, 12:23 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burebista View Post
TBH I really hope that's a joke started from 27 and finished on 31 to be more credible. If it's so he fools me.

^^Click
Old April 2, 2010, 12:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Cheeky bugger. I wonder what kind of backlash he'll see from this little prank.
Old April 2, 2010, 01:02 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Cheeky bugger. I wonder what kind of backlash he'll see from this little prank.
techPowerUp! News :: Gotcha!

Yep looks like he came clean. I thought he was serious. Not sure how much I would appreciate it if I were a hard-core TPU member.

Oh well...good to see he is staying around.
Fold for team #54196