Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 19, 2010, 06:52 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
I don't get it. if it's crush the 58xx...why you will still buy an ATI.
Kinda late reply, but as stated previously, i'm looking for a good price/performance card. i'dd like a 5850, this is more than what I need but if its price drops, maybe I could afford it, otherwise i'll get a 5770 and go crossfire down the route. PC stuff comes way after music stuff (JBL speakers and Jackson USA awaiting me ;) ) in my priorities... I just can't see myself spending 400$+ on a GPU.
Old March 19, 2010, 06:59 AM
MVP

My System Specs

So let me get this straight. The HD 5870 is $370 right now [in the US]... so for 5-10% more performance, the GTX 480 will cost $130 more?! lol @ nVIDIA.
-Deadpool
Old March 19, 2010, 07:04 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yup, yet people are thinking this is the holy grail. I would see folding rigs with this but gamers? Meh
Old March 19, 2010, 08:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

We will see as this is still rumours. If they are close in performance and price Nvidia has the upper hand because they do more. I love physx and I love the new 3D just need larger 3D monitors with higher resolutions. Plus it will be able to do eyefinity as well as 3D eyefinity.

Now if price is a lot more than it maybe it will be worth it to go ATI but personally If price and performance is close there is no comparison.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 19, 2010, 08:38 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
We will see as this is still rumours. If they are close in performance and price Nvidia has the upper hand because they do more. I love physx and I love the new 3D just need larger 3D monitors with higher resolutions. Plus it will be able to do eyefinity as well as 3D eyefinity.

Now if price is a lot more than it maybe it will be worth it to go ATI but personally If price and performance is close there is no comparison.
seriously, If I had a lot of cash : eyefinity (Vision finity IIRC ?) + 3D + PhysX.. would be kickass. with something like .. 3x 24' monitors.
Old March 19, 2010, 02:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am surprised by the 5-10%, I really doubt it as we still don't have concrete specs yet let alone real performance numbers. I think either Nvidia has some major driver problems or those are bad numbers.... this should be doing double/60%+ at least better than GTX285, but this looks like 40% faster.
Old March 19, 2010, 03:19 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'm so glad I started this thread. Makes for some good entertainment. And I'm sure someone will say"no it isn't...and you should be beat within an inch of your life for thinking it is"...
Old March 19, 2010, 03:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-Fuzzy View Post
I'm so glad I started this thread. Makes for some good entertainment. And I'm sure someone will say"no it isn't...and you should be beat within an inch of your life for thinking it is"...
SHUT THE HELL UP THIS IS SRS BIZNESS I AM COMING TO UR HOUSE TONIGHT TO TEACH YOU WHY

Yes, some people are pretty touchy.....
Old March 19, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post

Physx eh, the "great" physx. I wonder what nvidia would do without the famous physx.

Until the day physx can majorly change game play experience, its just another marketing gimmick.

I know I know, batman AA is a great example. but unless physx can make it possible to use the flying stones as a stepping stone, or as a random jump path your way to victory. Any thing else like fog, steam and cloths are just simple eye candy.

3D? I though you need 120hz monitors and "nvidia" certify monitors to take full advantage of it. And if i remember correctly you need two nvidia to use the 3d eyefinity.

Do correct me if i am wrong.

As for the folders, if ati ever gets havok and F@H to work just as great as cuda. Damn it be a folder's dream.