Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2010, 12:00 AM
Banned
F@H

thing is, you think you got a decent source, you mention something and then if/when it turns out to be quite inacurate 'ppl will diss your rep'...:)
Old March 17, 2010, 07:11 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Maybe I'm just grumpy from being old and sick, but you did "cheese" me off.
This is the eternal problem when it comes to the whole Fermi debate. It was only a matter of time before it spilled onto HWC. I'm just stunned it took this long.
Old March 17, 2010, 07:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I will never understand why people spend so much time speculating, I don't even mean just with computer hardware... but why in general human beings waste so much time worrying about such pointless things.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 17, 2010, 08:14 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Ok..to all the people I "cheesed off"..I'm sorry. I made the assumption that a little "fun" debate would be taken as such. I will not make that mistake again. From now on I will only post things once in 20ish words or less so as not to offend or draw to much attention to myself. To those who can handle a little friendly debating...it coulda been fun...to those who can't understand the idea...I will respect you wishes also.

Have a good day all.
Old March 17, 2010, 09:22 AM
Banned
F@H

ya very funny to see peoples frustrated because we have a little round cabin chat about the Fermi , funny we see a lot of off topic post about everything expect computer stuf , but that's ok .. I have a new pics for you today about the 26th
Old March 17, 2010, 11:21 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
I will never understand why people spend so much time speculating, I don't even mean just with computer hardware... but why in general human beings waste so much time worrying about such pointless things.
ah, don't worry about it.
MAIN: i5 3570 @ 4.5Ghz wH100 / evga GTX780 SOC / MSI Z77A-G45 / 8gb G.Skill 2133 1T / 30" 2560x1600 / Antec P280 / PCP&C 950w / Intel 520 SSD 240gb / Eclipse / G3-Lazer / z5300 / Win7 Pro64 / APC Xs1300
HTPC : nMedia6000B / AMD X2 4400+ / M2A-VM / Corsair 4GB 800 / LiteOn Blu-Ray / 8800GT / Samsung 46"LCD / 2x2TB / OCZ500 / ATI550 / Wrless Kbrd & Rmte / z-5500 / Win7Pro / APC700
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" 
- Mahatma Gandhi  
Old March 17, 2010, 11:33 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Now for the fun part, the world-wide availability of Fermi based Geforce GTX 480 and 470 is most likely to happen on the April 6th, due to some logistical issues. The final cards are ready and benchmarkers are getting them as we speak, but it takes some time to manufacture the cards and fly them from China to Europe and US and get them in shops. This might be the cause of the availability delay from 27th of March to April 6th.
Fudzilla - Geforce GTX 480 massive availability April 6th

If anyone is interested.
Old March 17, 2010, 11:35 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
so I was ok when I post something about a delay for the sell. the 26th is only the paper launch, they will not be in store at that date..

and it's a good news..... peoples will know about it the 26 and will just wait 1 week to buy it. make enough time to find a reason for the wife
Old March 17, 2010, 12:17 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post

Home Geforce GTX 480 massive availability April 6th Written by Fuad Abazovic Wednesday, 17 March 2010 10:35

Should launch on the 26th US / 27th EU

Fermi is certainly one heck of a headline stealer. Despite the fact that Nvidia has announced the launch date and the cards' names, there is still plenty of information to write about this particular card.
The recent development is that the card might launch on the 26th in the USA and 27th in Europe mainly due to the 9 hours time difference between California (Pacific time PT) and Central Europe time (CET). At this time, they should remain the launch date but of course it can be pushed.

Now for the fun part, the world-wide availability of Fermi based Geforce GTX 480 and 470 is most likely to happen on the April 6th, due to some logistical issues. The final cards are ready and benchmarkers are getting them as we speak, but it takes some time to manufacture the cards and fly them from China to Europe and US and get them in shops. This might be the cause of the availability delay from 27th of March to April 6th.

As this is all under heavy discussion and it tends to change daily, there will probably be some more changes before 26th.

old news lol
....poor guys keeping the numbers to themselves..must be quite the stress

wife : so dear, how is 'product x' ?
dude : its so nice outside, lets have a walk ahem
Old March 17, 2010, 05:04 PM
Banned
F@H

I have a long period yesterday to think about it, I don't need a Fermi now, my 5870 is more than enough for my need, I don't see the need to change the GPU more than every 6 months...so I will wait in September. I guess we will have some number at that time. And if the stock is not available before the first of may , I guess many will wait at fall like me, people usually do not buy too much hardware in summer.