Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2010, 10:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Delayed or not delayed, it will sell out when it launches and will continue being a hot item for months to come.

Nuff said..............................
Old March 16, 2010, 11:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I've stayed quiet long enough.

Why the hell should they show it's performance before they are ready for release? To appease whining forum dwellers? Sorry, no can do.

In my opinion, NVIDIA is playing an excellent game of poker here since everyone has been left guessing and as such, their competition has no idea what NVIDIA will be releasing in about a week's time. There have been many guesses (some of which are educated, many of which are not) but that's about it. There have been little to no leaks, no ass-backwards Asian sites that leak delinquent performance with alpha drivers, etc. THIS is the way you stop the competition from predicting and countering your product before it is even released.

This is a billion dollar industry and a company can't continue to operate without a good amount of secrecy surrounding their products. Yes, NVIDIA is "late" but who the heck cares? It is better to be late than release a product which isn't ready for prime time. Some how, there are people who don't seem to understand that.
EXACTLY ^^^^

These "delay Threads" remind me of taking my kids on a trip and all I hear is "Are we thier yet"?......"When are we getting thier"?.............

"We get thier when we get thier!".....................if you can't wait, either purchase a 5870...if your a true nVidia Fan boy...SLI some 260 / 280''s / 275's......for a "power boost".
Old March 16, 2010, 01:03 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Delayed or not delayed, it will sell out when it launches and will continue being a hot item for months to come.
Will they make money off of it though? Based on what Charlie's said on SemiAccurate, which may not be entirely true; but surely some of what he says is right?
Intel Core i7 970 @ 4GHz
Corsair HX750
Corsair H70 + 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM
G.Skill 6GB DDR3 F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ RAM 9-9-9-24
EVGA GeForce GTX 570
120GB OCZ Vertex 2
640GB Western Digital Black
Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speakers
Steelseries 6GV2 + Razer Mamba
BenQ 24" E2420HD LCD
Old March 16, 2010, 03:52 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:

Why the hell should they show it's performance before they are ready for release? To appease whining forum dwellers? Sorry, no can do.

In my opinion, NVIDIA is playing an excellent game of poker here since everyone has been left guessing and as such, their competition has no idea what NVIDIA will be releasing in about a week's time. There have been many guesses (some of which are educated, many of which are not) but that's about it. There have been little to no leaks, no ass-backwards Asian sites that leak delinquent performance with alpha drivers, etc. THIS is the way you stop the competition from predicting and countering your product before it is even released.

This is a billion dollar industry and a company can't continue to operate without a good amount of secrecy surrounding their products. Yes, NVIDIA is "late" but who the heck cares? It is better to be late than release a product which isn't ready for prime time. Some how, there are people who don't seem to understand that.
A-freaking-men.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 16, 2010, 06:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

This is doubtful. At NCIX they already have a Palit GT480 to be drawn in Esthers Easter Extravaganza. The thread was deleted where she said this I believe but I saw her type it first hand and quoted it for kicks myself.
Old March 16, 2010, 06:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musabi View Post
This is doubtful. At NCIX they already have a Palit GT480 to be drawn in Esthers Easter Extravaganza. The thread was deleted where she said this I believe but I saw her type it first hand and quoted it for kicks myself.
Yep, I saw it as well. She specifically said a Palit branded GTX480 was part of the Easter thingy.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old March 16, 2010, 06:41 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy esther
shhh ..........it is DEFINITELY the Palit GeForce GTX480
NCIX FORUMS - Rabid speculation: Esther Easter Vid ca...

Not deleted. They have one as part of a draw.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 16, 2010, 07:18 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

I guess time will tell. as for the "excellent game of poker"......yup...when you don't have cards worth playing...you wait. I still say they have a marginal product at best, and if I'm wrong...I will be the first to say so.
as for the "Yes, NVIDIA is "late" but who the heck cares?"...I think the multitude of threads in this forum alone should answer that. I'll also bet ATI cares, they probably still can't believe thier luck in this peticular game of poker.
And then there is my favorite "It is better to be late than release a product which isn't ready for prime time. Some how, there are people who don't seem to understand that." That makes it sound like they made a choice to get the drivers ready. They had no choice, they needed to fix something. I do not pretend to know how to design a chip...but something was very "not right" with this chip and they needed to address the issue.
As for all the "Why the hell should they show it's performance before they are ready for release?" I guess that is up to them. I don't sit on the board, so I really don't know. But I am willing to bet that if they had something to brag about these type of threads would be completely different.

This from one of the guys who "(some of which are educated, many of which are not)"...falls into the latter group. We'll see how I do in a little over a week. I say Nvidia will have the single cards performance crown..maybe not by alot..but they will have it. And I think the cards will sell out in the short term, after that though...things will slow down.
I'll even go way out on a limb and say the 5890 (the faster card around) starts to show up in greater numbers..just like magic. That one is a long shot, but hey....It's not like I have to run down Main St. naked if I'm wrong.

Thats it..if any of my little ...for the lack of a better word "predictions" are wrong..I will be more than happy to post a thread and admit it.

Will any of you..?

Last edited by Wi-Fuzzy; March 16, 2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old March 16, 2010, 07:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I guess time will tell. as for the "excellent game of poker"......yup...when you don't have cards worth playing...you wait. I still say they have a marginal product at best, and if I'm wrong...I will be the first to say so.
as for the "Yes, NVIDIA is "late" but who the heck cares?"...I think the multitude of threads in this forum alone should answer that. I'll also bet ATI cares, they probably still can't believe thier luck in this peticular game of poker.
And then there is my favorite "It is better to be late than release a product which isn't ready for prime time. Some how, there are people who don't seem to understand that." That makes it sound like they made a choice to get the drivers ready. They had no choice, they needed to fix something. I do not pretend to know how to design a chip...but something was very "not right" with this chip and they needed to address the issue.
As for all the "Why the hell should they show it's performance before they are ready for release?" I guess that is up to them. I don't sit on the board, so I really don't know. But I am willing to bet that if they had something to brag about these type of threads would be completely different.

This from one of the guys who "(some of which are educated, many of which are not)"...falls into the latter group. We'll see how I do in a little over a week. I say Nvidia will have the single cards performance crown..maybe not by alot..but they will have it. And I think the cards will sell out in the short term, after that though...things will slow down.
I'll even go way out on a limb and say the 5890 (the faster card around) starts to show up in greater numbers..just like magic. That one is a long shot, but hey....It's not like I have to run down Main St. naked if I'm wrong.

Thats it..if any of my little ...for the lack of a better word "predictions" are wrong..I will be more than happy to post a thread and admit it.

Will any of you..?
As I said...."Who friggin cares!".....Can't believe you acually took the time to type all that verbal diarrhea...sorry.... ;)
1. It will release soon
2. They will likely be very god GPU's
3. They'll sell like hot cakes, just like the 8800GTX and the 260 / 280's

And no....nVidia won't go tvts up in the next year because of the late release of Fermi....

Thats it......
Old March 16, 2010, 07:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am sure it is more beneficial for Nvidia that everyone believes Fermi will be a flop (and therefore ATI) than for everyone hyped about how great it will be and ATI making lots of preperations. It will sell out on day one anyways (no matter how bad the hype) but after the initial hubbub it will matter when ATI found out how good/bad Fermi will be.