Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13, 2010, 12:42 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
you completely in the ditch. you see nothing at all, you just probably a plain stupid blind Nvidia fanboy your self . my money have no color I buy what is the best for my need. ( note that I don't say your are stupid, I say blind stupid, because Nvidia is counting on fan boy like you to wait they are ready

I have $ 1500 ready in my bank account to buy 2 * gtx 470, for put on my new build, not the obsidian an other one, look at it tonight , of course I will buy them if they are what they promisse to us ( the Best gaming GPU ) . if I look ATI fan boy it's because I'm tire of the hypocrit route Nviidia choose. and I try to find a reason, it's why I read thing from guy like Charlie, to try to see what hapen, I'm not a believer at all, I will see when I gone see it.

I wait 6 months before buy my 5870., if I was so much ATI fan boy I will have buy it the day they hit the shelf.

as you see I don't like when people put me fabboy label.
Thats nice dude. As much as I like arguing with guys who are old enough to be my father really I was saying your posts are lame especially linking semiaccurate. Have fun with whatever card you buy.

Old March 13, 2010, 12:55 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
I do think the 'we are not ready' graphic is lame as is all the negative speculation on fermi.
I thought the graphic was funny but I think all the delays with ferni are definitely lame but what can you do but speculate and poke fun.

Old March 13, 2010, 12:56 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
I don't believe that Markone is a fanboi as I have seen him spend lots of cash on ATI and nVidia stuff. I do think the 'we are not ready' graphic is lame as is all the negative speculation on fermi.

this graphic is a joke.. I'm here to have fun.. it's Nvidia who use this graphic first. They even say it was a mistake. honestly I think Nvidia should have keep their mouth shut until they have something to show us, all those speculations put peoples on nerves. And yes they are something not clear about this card. We will see

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
Thats nice dude. As much as I like arguing with guys who are old enough to be my father really I was saying your posts are lame especially linking semiaccurate. Have fun with whatever card you buy.

I'm not linking my posts with SA , it's a post about what he said, what you want I say .. do we have something to link from NVIDIA. no only they said they will annonce something the 26. I'm know very well that Charlie like to heat the thing.

And yes I have fun with my card, Stalker CoP is quite good in direct x11 ,but I have no Physx yet. I still can use the 5870 for my workstation latter, or sell it, We will see what to expect from the 470, but I have a feeling that many will be disapointed.. We will see.

Last edited by MarkOne; March 13, 2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old March 13, 2010, 02:00 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

This story, and any using Semi-Accurate, bsn, Fudzilla etc. has and will continue to be posted only in the Rumour Mill section for a reason.

That should tell you enough about the website and its credibility.

However that is definitely no reason to not discuss the speculations and educated guesses. And to be fair, Charlie has been around a long time, does have "sources" and does hit it right enough times for people to still follow his stories.

Last edited by FiXT; March 13, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old March 13, 2010, 03:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
This story, and any using Semi-Accurate, bsn, Fudzilla etc. has and will continue to be posted only in the Rumour Mill section for a reason.

That should tell you enough about the website and its credibility.

However that is definitely no reason to not discuss the speculations and educated guesses. And to be fair, Charlie has been around a long time, does have "sources" and does hit it right enough times for people to still follow his stories.
I agree, sometimes he's more accurate than other times still there is usually some truth in what he states, seriously the site is called semi accurate, i could see getting worked up if it was called 100 percent accurate. Some people just don't like to see negatives about their favorite team.
Old March 13, 2010, 03:21 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitoR View Post
Some people just don't like to see negatives about their favorite team.
To be fair - Charlie is nothing BUT negative regarding Nvidia, he openly admits that so many people (including myself) disregard a large amount of the BS he spews.
Old March 13, 2010, 03:38 PM
Banned
F@H

I will like to make this comment about SA and Charlie, I never read this guy until last month, I see link to the thing I post today in the XS forum, I, like many just try to get info about the Fermi, so I'm not a regular user of Charlie web site. The only one to blame is the President of Nvidia, he show us a Card in is hand , I think last spring or summer, saying that it is the best gaming card ever build, why he did this , it was looking like he have already a prototype. I see 2 reasons

1- he was just BS knowing he have nothing to compare to ATI, and we know this guy like to show off
or
2- Something happen and seriously compromize and delay the launch

because of this BS, I delay until last month the purchase of my new GPu for gaming. I was waiting like many of you, so I have the right to be piss off after the Clown who rule the Nvidia empire. And the more I think about it the more I will not give my money to this A$$
Old March 13, 2010, 04:28 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
To be fair - Charlie is nothing BUT negative regarding Nvidia, he openly admits that so many people (including myself) disregard a large amount of the BS he spews.

Honestly i see nothing wrong with being critical of supposed market leaders, they set the tone for the entire industry, when they set a bad example (lie, cheat or steal ) it puts pressure on everyone to operate in the same manner to stay competitive.
Old March 13, 2010, 04:36 PM
Banned
F@H

waiiit a minute here!! mark how many kids you got man!?!

but seriously, mark may be 'sold' to intel, but not to nv or ati as far as i know :)
Old March 13, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well to be fair how would you have run nvidia? If nvidia was completely quiet till launch then they would have lost a lot more market share. Also if they would have given too much info like not releasing till the 26th then more people would have bought ATI before Christmas. So nvidia is playing it intelligently right now but only releasing small bits of info.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."