Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12, 2010, 02:28 PM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunoia View Post
Linked article [CeBIT 2010] Cooler Master présente son HAF X - Boîtiers/racks - CowcotLand states June 2010 179 euro (~$250)

Confirm/deny?

(Me want.)
I can't confirm or deny this pricing worldwide. USA pricing will be different because USA, Canada and Mexico may not have the additional value added taxes and other importation related things. In North America, perhaps expect far less.

Last edited by CM MR HAF; March 12, 2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old March 13, 2010, 06:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Eh, I'm not a big fan of the aesthetics.
Agreed. The HAF series are simply....UGLY. Sorry but that is my honest opinion.
Old March 13, 2010, 06:33 AM
Banned
F@H

I would like to give my constructive sugestion here, since we have a manufacturer rep. and they are not only about this case

1- the windows go to far in the front, we don't need to see the drives cage.
2- I will like to see manufacturers give 2 plexy side windows, one with the fan and one plain.
Old March 15, 2010, 11:26 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

See now this is a case I could get into! CM You guys do black splendidly...red not so much ;)

If your going to have a side window you NEED a black interior.

I've never been a fan of sacrificing HD bays for external drive bays, however I have recently realized that there are many people who can utilize a good 4 slots with ease so the 4/2/5 split is fair. Does it have standard support for SSD's? Maybe using the tray system that the 690 II has - I was really on board with that design.

Finally some dust filters - super kick ass!

And aesthetics wise it definitely is a Cooler Master, a little wild but I am actually digging it. Definitely more bold than the original
Old March 15, 2010, 04:31 PM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
I would like to give my constructive sugestion here, since we have a manufacturer rep. and they are not only about this case

1- the windows go to far in the front, we don't need to see the drives cage.
2- I will like to see manufacturers give 2 plexy side windows, one with the fan and one plain.
Thanks for the suggestions:

1. The early mock ups have the window in this position though future models will have this position fixed. The 200mm fan on the side panel is combined with a window so it is very tricky to position that fan in the strongest area. If you have the fan too far back it will cause vibrations, and the acrylic panel may crack with the installation force etc.

2. With the HAF X, we are introducing the side window standard with fan because this is pending testing from a GPU manufacturer. The mock ups do not have the extra internal parts that are required. While purely aesthetic reasons are good reasons for not having a side fan (as seen on the AMD HAF 932), HAF X we intend to be certified to the GPU manufacturer's standards to dissipate three GPU worth of thermal energy in the GPU area. This is about 750-900W of thermal energy the HAF X will have to dissipate.

This "High Air Flow" performance is impossible to achieve without a side fan.

As my significant other says: "feelings are passing but reasons are lasting"so I hope these are reasonable answers to your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Maybe using the tray system that the 690 II has - I was really on board with that design.
Good idea, you may see some of these 2-in-1 SSD adapters in the HAF X.
Old March 25, 2010, 03:29 AM
Rookie

wow, i can't wait to buy this :D
Old March 25, 2010, 04:49 AM
Rookie

Eventhough I find both cases quite ugly how will the price compare to the Raven ?
Old March 25, 2010, 09:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Loving the Full Tower Mr. HAF. However you never did answer the 1 question about Replacement Fan Availability to me

No worries though, the small things or simple questions get missed even by me.

I wonder if you could leak some more information on the New Elite. As I am more of a Mid-Tower person and of the multitude of builds under my belt Midtowers are more commonly purchased (on my end) than full.

I'd love to see the specs and features on that. And What would be to advantage is the HDD cage in-line instead of 90 degreed , as well as being Removable.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 25, 2010, 10:24 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM MR HAF View Post
Thanks for the suggestions:

1. The early mock ups have the window in this position though future models will have this position fixed. The 200mm fan on the side panel is combined with a window so it is very tricky to position that fan in the strongest area. If you have the fan too far back it will cause vibrations, and the acrylic panel may crack with the installation force etc.

2. With the HAF X, we are introducing the side window standard with fan because this is pending testing from a GPU manufacturer. The mock ups do not have the extra internal parts that are required. While purely aesthetic reasons are good reasons for not having a side fan (as seen on the AMD HAF 932), HAF X we intend to be certified to the GPU manufacturer's standards to dissipate three GPU worth of thermal energy in the GPU area. This is about 750-900W of thermal energy the HAF X will have to dissipate.

This "High Air Flow" performance is impossible to achieve without a side fan.

As my significant other says: "feelings are passing but reasons are lasting"so I hope these are reasonable answers to your questions.

Good idea, you may see some of these 2-in-1 SSD adapters in the HAF X.

Care to explain the HAF AMD edition then
Old March 25, 2010, 11:51 AM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Loving the Full Tower Mr. HAF. However you never did answer the 1 question about Replacement Fan Availability to me

No worries though, the small things or simple questions get missed even by me.

I wonder if you could leak some more information on the New Elite. As I am more of a Mid-Tower person and of the multitude of builds under my belt Midtowers are more commonly purchased (on my end) than full.

I'd love to see the specs and features on that. And What would be to advantage is the HDD cage in-line instead of 90 degreed , as well as being Removable.

ST
I do believe 200mm Megaflow fans are available in red and blue through any large e-tail lie Tiger.ca and NCIX. 200mm Storm Force fans are slightly discontinued so they will be very rare to find (1000RPM with 2 pin LED lead).

Elite II is similar construction to most CM Elite value chassis chassis. There is a limitation on what you can do in this type of chassis just because there are a lot of small DIY details and features that can jeopardize the strength of the chassis. If hard drive bays are front to back it really makes the chassis longer overall. Also all the holes in the cable management is not always possible due to strength. If you take a detailed look at the CM 690 II, we use very clever stamping, which allows us to use a moderate thickness of steel and maintain huge fan openings, cable management and the like. If the HDD is mounted correctly (to the side) there is much more room for large graphics cards. I can't really comment on any specific performance differences other than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLou View Post
Care to explain the HAF AMD edition then
A little story about this chassis:
We agreed to co-brand with our partner and incorporate all their brand imagery. After the design came through on the ID, it was approved but our engineering staff started to do the calculations. Pretty much, if we put a fan on the side window we would not have a place to put the beautiful dragon. That aside, using the power supply on the top with intakes on the bottom is quite equal to the stock cooling on a regular HAF. It's still a HAF, just has a window that people love.

Last edited by CM MR HAF; March 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM.

Tags
coolermaster , elite , haf , haf932