MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
It's coming.
Haha Thanks man
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
too late I order a EVGA ( the Rampage III was my first choice )
Why did you order the EVGA if you wanted the Rampage?
Quote:
I don't know why anyone not into extreme overclocking would think of ordering this board. It will be quite obviously priced above $300 and likely won't provide any extra performance for those of you on air or water cooling. The Phase and LN2 guys will however probably see some benefits with some upcoming Intel chips.
What board would you suggest for someone that wants a stable 4.0GHz+ on a core i7 920 (Probably will change depending on what Intel releases) Liquid cooled and wants the best performance for gaming and would like to venture into the LN2 overclocking field in the future?

Quote:
Don't get me started on the subject of $300+ 1156 boards, it won't be pretty.
Please start I might learn something lol
Old February 16, 2010, 07:54 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokeR View Post
What board would you suggest for someone that wants a stable 4.0GHz+ on a core i7 920 (Probably will change depending on what Intel releases) Liquid cooled and wants the best performance for gaming and would like to venture into the LN2 overclocking field in the future?
When you get into the upper ranges on these processors, it is very rare that the mobo will hold you back unless you have a one in a thousand chip. Naturally, lower-end boards won't have the necessary fine-tuning options available in the BIOS to really push the chip but 4Ghz shouldn't be an issue. I can easily get that on my Gigabyte X58 UD5. I've seen chips hit 4.4Ghz on a Gigabyte UDR3 too.

Naturally, Gigabyte doesn't have any boards that looks quite as good as the RoG series but for people on a budget, there is still the Rampage II Gene and P6T boards.
Old February 16, 2010, 07:59 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Cool thanks man, I have quite a load of cash that I have saved up over the years (Whenever I get a new PC I start saving for my next one) so I have been using this PC for the last 4 ~Almost 5 years and really just want to buy the best things money can buy lol, considering I can only upgrade every 4-5 years.
Old February 16, 2010, 08:27 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Don't get me started on the subject of $300+ 1156 boards, it won't be pretty.
Like this one? bit-tech.net | Review - MSI Big Bang-FUZION: Lucid Hydra arrives

Worth every penny .
Old February 16, 2010, 06:54 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
...... The Phase and LN2 guys will however probably see some benefits with some upcoming Intel chips.
I just send an email to Ruffus about one
Old February 16, 2010, 09:29 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
I know nothing about that board but.. That has to be the Most Beautiful board I have ever seen in my life - if it performs as good as it looks and I was basing my build on a P55 Chip set I would certainly buy that board.

That said I don't have a clue how much it is lol
Old February 16, 2010, 11:58 PM
Banned
F@H

I will not touch the Hydra board before they show some maturity. they will be only fewof them, so don't expect the same budget will be invest in drivers developments.
Old February 17, 2010, 12:04 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Yeah further reading of the review outlined a few problems to me, "Most expensive board yet" and how they said they think it will be buggy because of the ATI & NVIDIA chip thing.
Old February 17, 2010, 11:10 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokeR View Post
I know nothing about that board but.. That has to be the Most Beautiful board I have ever seen in my life - if it performs as good as it looks and I was basing my build on a P55 Chip set I would certainly buy that board.

That said I don't have a clue how much it is lol
It performs very poorly as a matter of fact, which is why I made that sarcastic post.