Old December 6, 2009, 11:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

first pics?

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old December 6, 2009, 11:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Only thing i don't like about the CM 690 is the plastic cable management 'things' that are literally right beside a regular full sized motherboard and get in the way of full sized graphics cards. I ripped those things out, use the back of the case to do my cable management and i love it otherwise.
Old December 6, 2009, 02:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Only thing i don't like about the CM 690 is the plastic cable management 'things' that are literally right beside a regular full sized motherboard and get in the way of full sized graphics cards. I ripped those things out, use the back of the case to do my cable management and i love it otherwise.
I agree... those plastic things are annoying with a full sized mobo.
I got rid of them too.
Otherwise it's a great case and I've recommended it many times.
Old December 6, 2009, 03:18 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
first pics?

That looks very similar to the current model, except they inexplicably removed one of the 5.25" bays .
Old December 6, 2009, 03:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Same here, they are useless. I would rather see a bit more space behind the Motherboard tray to route thicker cables. A gap in the folded support lip at the bottom would make things a lot easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
That looks very similar to the current model, except they inexplicably removed one of the 5.25" bays .
I see no issues with that. I'm glad, and still think there are too many 5.25" bays. I can't see a use for more than two.
Old December 6, 2009, 04:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I kinda like it. At the right price point, if CM did their homework and learned from the drawbacks of the original and what made the Lancool K62 so popular (badass cable management and fantastic tool-less systems), this case will be at the top of my list for builds.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old December 6, 2009, 04:10 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I see no issues with that. I'm glad, and still think there are too many 5.25" bays. I can't see a use for more than two.
Two are for optical drives, and the other three are for mounting a second 120mm intake.
Old December 6, 2009, 05:23 PM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
The new CM 690 II and CM 690 II Advanced are brand new bodies that aren't based on the CM 690 or any other extant chassis. The exterior dimensions are nearly exactly the same, the interior dimensions are much larger which give us more room for more innovative features.

The insides are totally new and we researched the top "mods" that people did to the original CM 690 and we made sure they were a part of the design. With the recent 2009 trend of chassis "inspired" by the original CM 690 in features, the company decided the best course is to again establish the benchmark mid-tower by starting a new design from scratch that everyone will like.

Since the release is in January 2010. We can be more forthcoming with the extra details in future posts up to CES 2010. Thanks for the interest HWC.
Old December 6, 2009, 05:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hopefully you'll read what I wrote somewhere in there lol!
I have to admit you guys have sold me on you're new R4 Fans though. Amazing Fan pitch and design, and pretty darn close to rated specs on a Fluke CFM meter. I think I have offically purchased just south of 30 now for both client builds and my own.

Hoping for the same type of success with this new CM690 as I did indeed enjoy the old design.

ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM MR HAF View Post
The new CM 690 II and CM 690 II Advanced are brand new bodies that aren't based on the CM 690 or any other extant chassis. The exterior dimensions are nearly exactly the same, the interior dimensions are much larger which give us more room for more innovative features.

The insides are totally new and we researched the top "mods" that people did to the original CM 690 and we made sure they were a part of the design. With the recent 2009 trend of chassis "inspired" by the original CM 690 in features, the company decided the best course is to again establish the benchmark mid-tower by starting a new design from scratch that everyone will like.

Since the release is in January 2010. We can be more forthcoming with the extra details in future posts up to CES 2010. Thanks for the interest HWC.

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 7, 2009, 01:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I loved my CM690. I supported a dual loop WC system with dual triple rads..

If that didn't say something about the versatility of the design, I don't think anything else would.

Using a HAF 932 now comfortably, CM, keep the great cases coming!

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W