Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/)
-   -   The Inquirer reports that Nvidia's G92 will feature a 384-bit controller (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/2461-inquirer-reports-nvidias-g92-will-feature-384-bit-controller.html)

Supergrover September 3, 2007 07:36 AM

The Inquirer reports that Nvidia's G92 will feature a 384-bit controller

Well more rumors surrounding Nvidia's G92, hopefully it will prove true.

This baby sports some serious shading power, but more important is the fact that the memory installed on board is now GDDR4. 768MB of GDDR4, to be more precise. The amount of memory discards rumours of 256-bit bus, since it is obvious that Nvidia will keep 384-bit memory controller for the high-end series of products. We would welcome this memory controller in mainstream arena, though. The bandwidth has now jumped over the 105 GB/s barrier, and it remains to be seen what will be the final clock of the memory our estimate is between 1.0 and 1.2 GHz, or 2.0-2.4 GHz, but final clocks are far, far from being decided. The company needs to get the revised chip first, in order to have DisplayPort working nice and cleanly. Display Port is required for this company to get the Dell XPS contract a new machine will be launched for Winter 2007/08, probably during CES 2008 in Las Vegas

More @ The Inquirer

magictorch September 4, 2007 07:24 PM

oh i wish they would

hurry up and release this. Then a 8800GTX will be affordable. Wish AMD/ATI would give the 8800GTX a competitor. That G92 is serious though wonder how much it will be and what will challenge it...game and other cards.

Drew September 29, 2007 08:22 PM

Word on the street has this outperforming the 320MB 8800GTS quite handily.

b1lk1 September 30, 2007 06:39 AM

:dots:

Now this is the latest rumor the inquirer wants to spread. What happened to the 1-Terraflop beast that was reported? What happened to all the other configurations they reported? I call this a massive load of BS until someone with ANY credibility comes forward. I cannot believe they changed their story again and people are lining up to eat that garbage.........

Kandorf September 30, 2007 12:47 PM

Well I guess the more times they change their story, the more times they have people reading their stories ... chaching!

b1lk1 September 30, 2007 04:11 PM

Atleast this forum puts their stories in the "Rumor mill" section. I think it is pretty sad that most forums actually believe the crap that flows from that site.

sswilson September 30, 2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1lk1 (Post 21051)
Atleast this forum puts their stories in the "Rumor mill" section. I think it is pretty sad that most forums actually believe the crap that flows from that site.

Heh.... we actually had a discussion a few months ago about the questionable "information" in the links from certain sites, and it was decided to create a rumours thread for just those kinds of posts..... :)

belgolas September 30, 2007 04:28 PM

All I want is this to come out before my step up program ends.

magictorch September 30, 2007 07:39 PM

yes a bit faster would be nice

I think the GTX has had a good run but its time for something else in early 2008. Regardless of the dubious information on this card it will be better than an ultra at least and will help the prices a bit in the high-end.