Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalieman077 View Post
lol ya i want to hear more from nvidia before purchasing either manufacturers cards. Hopefully we will hear some news on the nvidia release then i might just buy a 295 and upgrade. With the upgrade program though if i buy a card for 550 then its price drops to 450 and the new card is lets say 650 would i have to pay 200 or 100?
The step-up price stays the same. If you pay 500 it will still be 500 no matter what.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old September 20, 2009, 09:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Thats exactly right....whatever you pay for a Card (before taxes and MIR's) will be applied (in USD) towards the cost of the new Card. In the event that the new Card is actually priced less then the old Card, your Step-up will only cost you the shipping.
Step ups can only be applied to "vanilla" Cards, not Factory OC'd versions.

Old September 20, 2009, 09:25 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

ok, I will wait a week or two and hopefully nividia will say something if not then I have some thinking to do. And thanks for telling me I need a vanilla gpu since I would have most likely ended up buying a ftw or superclocked card
Old September 21, 2009, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalieman077 View Post
ok, I will wait a week or two and hopefully nividia will say something if not then I have some thinking to do. And thanks for telling me I need a vanilla gpu since I would have most likely ended up buying a ftw or superclocked card
No you can buy a FTW card but you can not step up to a GTX 380 FTW but instead "only" get the non overclocked GTX 380.

If you buy a card now there is zero garantee that the new series will come out in 3 months. I am saying it is likely but it is better to be patient. Also one thing I don't like about step-up is if you don't have another GPU or computer you are out of a comp for about 1-2 weeks till they get the new card to your house. You me personally I just like buying the new card and be done with it. But if you need a card now then just buy a card now and if you miss the step-up window you can still sell the "old" card.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old September 21, 2009, 09:06 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
No you can buy a FTW card but you can not step up to a GTX 380 FTW but instead "only" get the non overclocked GTX 380.

If you buy a card now there is zero garantee that the new series will come out in 3 months. I am saying it is likely but it is better to be patient. Also one thing I don't like about step-up is if you don't have another GPU or computer you are out of a comp for about 1-2 weeks till they get the new card to your house. You me personally I just like buying the new card and be done with it. But if you need a card now then just buy a card now and if you miss the step-up window you can still sell the "old" card.
Yea only reason I need a new card soon is I'm doing a new computer build and don't want to wait especially with a broken xbox. I might just buy a 5870 then sell later if gt300 is much better or buy a cheaper card like a 275 then sell it
Old September 21, 2009, 09:22 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Nvidia and by and large most websites won't say a thing until right after Hemlock launches.
Old September 22, 2009, 07:50 PM
Rookie

Ack, i hope its not delayed been waiting for these 300's since they announced it, mind you im happy with my 280's, i guess im a speed freak when something new comes out hehe
RAM: 3x 2GB Corsair XMS3
GPU: 2x eVGA GTX280
PSU: Antec Truepower Quattro 1000W
WaterCooling Hardware
CPU Cooler: Swiftech Apogee GTZ water-block
RAD: Thermochill Pa 120.3
PUMP: Swiftech MCP655
Tubing:Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT UV Blue 1/2 ID
Reservoir:Swiftech Micro Res

Old November 14, 2009, 02:18 AM
Top Prospect

wow that's not good, was looking to see something from them sooner

Intel i5 2500K | Corsair H50 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H | 16GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz | Gigabyte Windforce 670 OC | Antec Gamer 900W | 24" Asus VW246H
Old November 18, 2009, 08:42 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

notice the website name is "semi accurate"

Old November 18, 2009, 10:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Ack, i hope its not delayed been waiting for these 300's since they announced it, mind you im happy with my 280's, i guess im a speed freak when something new comes out hehe
Then pick up a 3rd 280 on the cheap and put that Mobo and PSU to work....