Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

why would u say that ?

-Plato
Old July 13, 2009, 04:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Because that's where a lot of electronic components are manufactured?
Old July 14, 2009, 01:01 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Haha i supposing i am jumping the gun a little, but i have a gut feeling that this might be the one (which ironically worked in predicting the last two releases). Anyway enough about my psychic gut.
I just hope they release a new series soon, the current cards are getting a little stale and im annoyed by the lack of any substantial gains in performance, within a reasonable price range (*gtx 295* *cough**cough*)

Oh and btw thanks to whoever moved this to Rumours, i forgot completely about this section when i posted it :S
Old July 22, 2009, 02:10 PM
Rookie

Hopefully more price drops in the future =D
Old July 22, 2009, 04:06 PM
Rookie

Jeez thats only 2 months away, hopefully that means price drops ASAP.
Old July 22, 2009, 05:48 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Are those cards gonna cost the same as current top of the line, $600-$500 or something like $999? I never watched GPU launch prices before.
Let's say if I buy GTX 295, can the same money get me next gen card in a few months?
Old July 22, 2009, 08:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistpavel View Post
Are those cards gonna cost the same as current top of the line, $600-$500 or something like $999? I never watched GPU launch prices before.
Let's say if I buy GTX 295, can the same money get me next gen card in a few months?
Thats is usually how it goes. But I would strongly suggest that you wait till both Nvidia and ATI both have their new line-up because if ATI has the first and only DX11 card they will mark it up a lot more. So wait.

These rumors are just rumors and no one knows. Although atleast this one is believable. I am skeptical it will be twice the performance. More likely half that but it could very well be a 7 series to a 8 series jump (nvidia) in performance but I doubt it.

Personally I am going to try hard and hold onto my money till the dust settles or boxing day sales.

There is also no point in owning a DX11 card just yet till atleast one DX11 game comes out. Maybe Crysis 2

Oh and I agree about here we go again.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old July 22, 2009, 09:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm sure they will come up with flagship DX11 title to move those cards. This must be a big jump because it's a CPGPU, whatever goodies it brings, it's like reinventing the graphics.
Old August 23, 2009, 03:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistpavel View Post
Well, from what i've observed (cause i apparently have no life and love to collect data on video cards) the new series should cause a reduction in the prices of current cards, whilst the new ones take a formation that resembles the current series in terms of price.
For example (this is only an example and is relative to the performance gains in the new series) if the new series is released and it is substantially faster, you will see a drop in the prices of cards like the GTX 275 and GTX 285 (GTX 275 might actually be discontinued so as to encourage purchase of the new series).
Dual cards like the GTX 295 will most likely be phased out because they cost more to manufacture and will also be slower compared to the high tier of the new series. Thier discontinuation will also encourage the purchase of the new series.
Extreme budget cards will slowly be phased out whilst the current budget cards will reach the same price level as the extreme budget ones.
The new cards introduced will most probably be more expensive than their counterparts from the previous series. Eg. GTX 385 will cost 50-60 more than the GTX 285. The GTX 395 on the other hand will cost a bomb compared to the current price of a GTX 295. And yeah, thats my essay for today :P

Remember though that im not psychic and dont deserve to be flamed if this information is not entirely accurate :P