core i7 rocks
Old July 30, 2009, 07:10 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Just go s1366 Xeon. (:
Old July 31, 2009, 06:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Early adopter always have to pay more. There is no guarantee that early adopters of i5 is going to pay less. My system is about $200 more than an AMD X3 system, and I got 8 threads and 6 GB ddr3, whereas the AMDx3 has 3 threads, and 4 GB ddr2. And I do not have to wait for 6 months for i5 to come out, and who knows if early i5 is not plaque with problems like the P4. So, I am happy with i7, it performs.
Old July 31, 2009, 08:32 PM

As an i7 user I don't feel like a guinea pig at all. I feel like I paid a premium for a premium product. Since before launch i7 has performed and overclocked like a champ. I don't regret it at all. I hope y'all enjoyed waiting for the performance I've had for months.

It's not like 1156 is better in some way. Boards will all be limited to 8x/8x/4x for multi GPU and/or any RAID controller cards you wanted to use, you will not have the option to throw a 6 core CPU in, and you can support a maximum of 16GB of memory vs. 24GB for anyone who didn't lose their mind and buy a Blood Rage.

This isn't like S940 where 939 came along shortly afterwards and DIDN'T require ECC memory, and had more than one CPU available, supported dual core CPUs, etc...

i7 users paid for a superior platform, and they still have it.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old July 31, 2009, 08:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

These i7s are great.
I want to build another as soon as I can.
Want to build the gf one too, though we're kinda thinking i5 for her.
So long as they can render fairly well.
Old August 6, 2009, 11:47 PM
MVP

im guessing you mean on par with a stranded clocked i7 920, because no way in hell its catching up to my 920 at 4 Ghz

Old August 7, 2009, 01:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Boards will all be limited to 8x/8x/4x for multi GPU and/or any RAID controller cards you wanted to use, you will not have the option to throw a 6 core CPU in, and you can support a maximum of 16GB of memory vs. 24GB for anyone who didn't lose their mind and buy a Blood Rage.

This isn't like S940 where 939 came along shortly afterwards and DIDN'T require ECC memory, and had more than one CPU available, supported dual core CPUs, etc...

i7 users paid for a superior platform, and they still have it.
THIS.
Old August 8, 2009, 11:15 AM
Top Prospect

Here's something non-i7 users might not want to hear: if you're doing any serious video/photo editing/rendering with gigantic HD video files (Blu-ray and AVCHD) and gigantic full-frame photos, burning Blu-ray disks, using Photoshop 4 with hundreds of full-frame photos, my i7 at 4 Ghz is MUCH faster then your ''fill your chip here'', and I'm sure you ''might not want to hear about it''... :)

I got my i7 at launch (almost a year already!), and it's so much faster then my ''old'' and highly OC Q6600 quad-core for doing all those things I do, it's not even funny.

I don't regret the speed I had in the last year while working on my comp, and all the spare time it gave me back. :)
Old August 9, 2009, 08:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque View Post
Here's something non-i7 users might not want to hear: if you're doing any serious video/photo editing/rendering with gigantic HD video files (Blu-ray and AVCHD) and gigantic full-frame photos, burning Blu-ray disks, using Photoshop 4 with hundreds of full-frame photos, my i7 at 4 Ghz is MUCH faster then your ''fill your chip here'', and I'm sure you ''might not want to hear about it''... :)

I got my i7 at launch (almost a year already!), and it's so much faster then my ''old'' and highly OC Q6600 quad-core for doing all those things I do, it's not even funny.

I don't regret the speed I had in the last year while working on my comp, and all the spare time it gave me back. :)
How much faster percentage wise is the i7@4.0 compared to Q6600@3.6 in Photoshop CS4 (saving files, filters, etc.)? I had my i7 parts ordered once, but had to cancel the order, because I couldn't justify spending money without having clear picture of performance gains.

Last edited by artistpavel; August 9, 2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old August 10, 2009, 07:23 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

i5 spotted, rumored price $196

Intel's Core i5 750 spotted in the box, hastily removed and photographed