Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2007, 06:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default 8800 Ultra price slashed

More squeeze on AMD....we'll probably see the ultra will become the new gtx, and the gtx will be the new gts, pricewise

GRAPHZILLA was recently criticised by its own vendors for selling a card with just a little higher performance for the price of two 8800GTS 640MB cards.
The price has now been slashed by around 80-90 US dollars wholesale, so the 8800 Ultra is now going to slowly squeeze the 8800GTX out from the 549-599 dollar range and effectively start to push the 8800GTX downwards.

More from the Inquirer
Old June 8, 2007, 10:27 AM
Allstar

A week before the price drop, EVGA announced a free motherboard promotion with the purchase of their 8800 Ultra. They listed 7 vendors who were participating in the promotion, but only a few of them actually did.
They dropped the price and killed the promotion without notifying the public.

You can still see the promo pic here, but when you click on the link it takes you to their home page. EVGA | Articles
Old June 8, 2007, 01:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well if the GTX becomes the price of a GTS with in the nest 3 months then I will be getting a GTX. That would be killer. I also wonder how long it will be for the next generation of cards to come out.
Old June 8, 2007, 03:11 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Well if the GTX becomes the price of a GTS with in the nest 3 months then I will be getting a GTX. That would be killer. I also wonder how long it will be for the next generation of cards to come out.
Nvidia has no reason to release any new highend cards this year and with the issues that AMD/ATI has had, probably next year is when you can epect new video cards; well highend video cards anyways.
Old June 8, 2007, 05:50 PM
MVP

My System Specs

OMG, if the prices drop in like less than 30 days, i could step up to a GTX for only a couple dollards! :D
-Deadpool
Old June 8, 2007, 08:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyless View Post
OMG, if the prices drop in like less than 30 days, i could step up to a GTX for only a couple dollards! :D
That would be awesome.
Old June 8, 2007, 08:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by werty316 View Post
Nvidia has no reason to release any new highend cards this year and with the issues that AMD/ATI has had, probably next year is when you can epect new video cards; well highend video cards anyways.
No they're competing against......NOTHING- so since they're paying for production, why not shift the whole lineup down a price-notch and completely shaft AMD
Old June 9, 2007, 05:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Actually, it is about time they stop price gouging with these ridiculous prices for their video cards. I find it sad that every price change in the industry lately starts a fanboy war over one company crushing another........

Let's all celebrate fair prices. Don't forget, if AMD/ATI did somehow go out of business, there would be no competition for Intel/Nvidia and what do you think will happen to prices? If you don't think they will go back up, you are a fool.
Old June 9, 2007, 03:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

AMD/ATI wont go out of business(hopefully). If they do then the world we know of is over. And then I would only be able to buy games for consoles.