Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26, 2009, 07:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I am talking about the physical size to begin with.
Old February 26, 2009, 07:44 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Product and Package Content Images

Look familiar? ;)
Old February 26, 2009, 08:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Actually, I hate to tell you but the board you have seen is based off of 9800 GTX+ models already in use with EVGA and a few other AIBs that have been using it on their (slightly) custom cards for a few months. It looks different from the 9800 GTX+ reference board but that is just because the PCB + components are no longer manufactured by Flextronics.

Wow....Hey SKY, Felxtronics builds a small insturment for my company here. Looks like they have dipped into everything lol!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 26, 2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Wow....Hey SKY, Felxtronics builds a small insturment for my company here. Looks like they have dipped into everything lol!

ST
Flextronics is HUGE. They build everything from the Xbox 360, to PCBs, to the Zune, to calculator components...the list goes on and on.

Anyways, Nvidia GPUs have been manufactured by a number of companies over the past few years; Flextronics, PC Partner and Foxconn have all had their hand in it.
Old February 26, 2009, 09:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Who is building them right now?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old February 26, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Have you seen a picture of the 9800GTX+ next to the GTS250? I am seriously beginning to believe you have not since the GTS250 is atleast an inch smaller than that current 9800GTX+. I am not trying to make this a contest as you seem to be but you either have no or wrong information....

Last edited by b1lk1; February 26, 2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old February 26, 2009, 12:12 PM

I hate to say this but the image I linked to shows an EVGA card which I have installed in my brother's computer. It is ~1" shorter than the reference 9800 GTX+. If you want to compare for yourself, take that image above and compare it to an image of the reference 9800 GTX+ and make sure to note the PCB length between the edge of the end of the PCI-E connector and the end of the PCB.

I just don't think yo uare taking a good look at the pictures.
Old February 26, 2009, 12:16 PM

The fact of the matter is that the GTS 250 PCB has been in production for a number of months now. Yes, even with the single 6-pin PCI-E connector which will be evident on the GTS 250.

Basically, there has been no change from current 9800 GTX+ offerings from EVGA andBFG. Those are the "new" format 9800 GTX+ cards which have been in production for about 3 months now which feature a shorter PCB and and revised power distribution.

Last edited by SKYMTL; February 26, 2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old February 26, 2009, 12:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

OK, I will stop stamping my feet now. I was having a hard time understanding where you were coming from. Having the 2 pictures makes your point clear. Thanks for the clarification and for not taking offense to my questiing of your info.
Old February 26, 2009, 12:57 PM

No problem. The internet is a tough place to convey emotions and GPUs in general are getting to be a more and more confusing field.