Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25, 2009, 06:20 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Still waiting on confirmation but it looks like we will NOT be getting one. I wonder why...haha
Old February 25, 2009, 06:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Are you waiting for one from Nvidia themselves or from the usual board partners you deal with?
Old February 25, 2009, 07:19 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Yeah looking through Hardocp's forums Kyle says he is not getting one for review either.
Fold for team #54196
Old February 25, 2009, 07:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Let's buy one and review it haha.. I'll toss in some cash
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old February 25, 2009, 07:29 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Let's buy one and review it haha.. I'll toss in some cash
I'll second that. Then sell it for charity, or have a draw for all the folks who are on the folding team or something (ie. need a folding tag to enter draw)...this card will prob be in the $100-$150 range you think?

Or better yet, put up a big front-page introduction on the 'new' card, but link to the 9800GTX review you did Sky...
Fold for team #54196
Old February 26, 2009, 05:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

got my 8800 gt and i think i will stay there thanks but no thanks nvidia
Old February 26, 2009, 05:49 AM
Banned
F@H

I wonder if this card will work in SLi with other G92 chips...if not, nV really has lost it.
Old February 26, 2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Are you waiting for one from Nvidia themselves or from the usual board partners you deal with?
Nvidia is giving a briefing sometime soon (can't say when, sorry) which we are invited to. Basically, we get our cards from both Nvidia and their partners depending on how Nvidia wants to launch a product.

In all reality, there are no sour grapes about this one since all they are doing is rebadging a product. I just wish the card would have been a bit more interesting.
Old February 26, 2009, 06:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have my own source of which I am also fully briefed, I was curious as to where you were getting it since I didn't believe Nvidia was responsible for actually distributing samples. I believe this was just poorly handled and that Inquirer with their legendary hatred for Nvidia was looking for some attention and they got it as usual.

It is more than a rebadge, there are some physical changes that I can't talk about as well. This is gonna be one of the biggest debuts of a redone card ever I think, lol! Talk about a wealth of free publicity.
Old February 26, 2009, 07:06 AM

Actually, I hate to tell you but the board you have seen is based off of 9800 GTX+ models already in use with EVGA and a few other AIBs that have been using it on their (slightly) custom cards for a few months. It looks different from the 9800 GTX+ reference board but that is just because the PCB + components are no longer manufactured by Flextronics.