Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25, 2009, 04:53 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

mmmm, my 9800GT has a different size and layout from the norm, but it's still just a 8800GT. That aside, I'll wait for unbiased reviews.
Old February 25, 2009, 05:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I understand that, but that rumor was stating it was a 9800GTX+ with a new sticker.
Old February 25, 2009, 05:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Also Nvidia is cherry picking cards and reviewers. How is that "unbiased"?

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old February 25, 2009, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Every single manufacturer in every single industry cherry pics equipment and reviewers. It's a racket. That's how the entire industry has and will always functions. You just try and get the best information you can out of many reviews and try and stick with the ones you feel are most honest. You really think ATI is going to just grab a card off a shelf and send it to a reviewer without checking to make sure it is absolutely flawless beforehand? Come on.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old February 25, 2009, 05:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
The cherry picking of reviewers is unfounded as I know for a fact of a few reviewers getting cards that have either said bad things about CUDA or have not even commented on it. Again, this sounds like some pissed off reviewers looking for some E-revenge if you ask me.
Old February 25, 2009, 05:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh... well I picked up my first Maximum PC in a few months and noticed that Will's editorial puts the perverbial boots to CUDA, we'll have to see if they end up with a review sample. (Although they don't normally review every different card that comes out... only those that are setting some form of trend).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old February 25, 2009, 05:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
. You really think ATI is going to just grab a card off a shelf and send it to a reviewer without checking to make sure it is absolutely flawless beforehand? Come on.
A bunch of 4830 were sent out with a bad bios that reported missing shaders, if that's called cherry picking I'd like to know what they were smoking.
Old February 25, 2009, 06:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs01 View Post
A bunch of 4830 were sent out with a bad bios that reported missing shaders, if that's called cherry picking I'd like to know what they were smoking.
And people were fired because of it; that's BAD cherry picking at it's finest. The auto industry has dealt with this for ages; it's why certain publications resorted to BUYING every automobile they reviewed. They had to just to get legit vehicles.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old February 25, 2009, 06:10 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
And people were fired because of it;
And probably unjustly, I personally have seen too many instances where something MUST ship NOW, regardless of how it works, only to see management blame the little people later on.
Old February 25, 2009, 06:12 PM
Rookie

That's true I guess the industry is just rotten in general.