Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22, 2007, 08:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default "Hard" Barcelona numbers appear

This article was posted in L'Inq:

AMD HAD A little briefing today with a demo of Barcelona. The systems it showed were identical 4S AMD development platforms running DDR2 memory and HE (65W) chips. Nothing was changed between the two platforms other than the BIOS.

The Opteron machine on the left was started first and the Barcelona box finished in far less time. The raw results were about 2200 pixels per second on the Opteron while the Barcelona hit "just over" 4000 on the POV Bench.
Double the cores, same memory bandwidth, no speeds given. Not being a POV expert, I can't say how it scales, or really relate this to much. As an exercise for our readership, can someone work this backwards and tell me about what the clocks here are? µ
The only thing that's HARD, is figuring out what the hell these numbers mean without any clockspeeds!!!!

Last edited by Babrbarossa; May 22, 2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old May 22, 2007, 01:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That is odd. I don't have a clew what those numbers mean but it might be double the performance over the Opteron.