Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17, 2007, 05:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbug View Post
I have a feeling we might have to wait until next week to see these new 1333fsb processors. I would be surprised if they released them now and then dropped the rest of the prices on the 22nd. You never know though.
ya...does anyone know how soon we'll see these prices; espically at direct canada? I'm just itching to build my comp.
Old July 19, 2007, 05:25 PM
Rookie

can someone explain to me what G0-Stepping does? is it simply lowering the power consumption of CPU to decreased temp.? I've been told that new Quad cores are supposedly g0... enlighten me....
Old July 19, 2007, 06:27 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzeo View Post
can someone explain to me what G0-Stepping does? is it simply lowering the power consumption of CPU to decreased temp.? I've been told that new Quad cores are supposedly g0... enlighten me....
People have hit 4ghz with 1.6V on air when using the E6850 (G0) stepping.

Basically, you're more than likely to achieve a monstrous overclock.
Old July 19, 2007, 08:45 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzeo View Post
newer steppings usually mean higher oc results and/or lower volts required.

sometimes there are also fixes to outstanding errata with the chips ... not usually advertised by intel cuz it makes people worry that the old steppings don't work right. Usually there are microcode or os/driver software fixes/workarounds to such errata else intel would be looking at a recall!

And sometimes new features/settings are implemented, but i haven't heard of any for the q6600. Ususally? stuff like power managment, default VID's, etc.

Last edited by pscout; July 19, 2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old July 22, 2007, 10:37 AM
Top Prospect

Are the prices gonna drop to the advertised prices on this forum today or not? NCIX is still above the chart prices and several others are not even selling them yet.
Old July 22, 2007, 10:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailaw View Post
Are the prices gonna drop to the advertised prices on this forum today or not? NCIX is still above the chart prices and several others are not even selling them yet.
I highly doubt NCIX will be dropping prices on a Sunday, they arent open weekends and holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 22, 2007, 11:15 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

I ordered a couple of quads from ncix ... and they showed as back ordered 2-5 days (hopefully that means i will get G0 steppings ?)

A local Toronto retailer, PC Village has them listed at 319.99 since Thursday but won't have stock till Tuesday.
Old July 22, 2007, 06:46 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscout View Post
I ordered a couple of quads from ncix ... and they showed as back ordered 2-5 days (hopefully that means i will get G0 steppings ?)

A local Toronto retailer, PC Village has them listed at 319.99 since Thursday but won't have stock till Tuesday.
just ordered mine from DC.
if you click on the "$9.99 air shipping", banner and scroll down, it's showing them as having 73 or so IN STOCK !!! "surprise specials" page
WOOT !!!!!!
Old July 27, 2007, 01:07 AM
Top Prospect

when is the next price drops for the intel processors? Hopefully before sept? I'm gonna wait as late as possible before university starts to build a comp, but if there aren't gonna be any more price drops i.e for the q6600 then i might aswell buy it now (or soon, i want the G0 revision).
Old July 27, 2007, 07:11 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My GO's arrived from NCIX on tues

I was pleasantly suprised how fast it arrived after being emailed on monday that my back order had already shipped

And the PC village guys called me too saying they had stock ... however they only had the b3 stepping sl9um's.

It looks like there may still be lots of B3 stock in the retail/wholesale channels.

It is nice to get lucky once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elninio View Post
when is the next price drops for the intel processors? Hopefully before sept? I'm gonna wait as late as possible before university starts to build a comp, but if there aren't gonna be any more price drops i.e for the q6600 then i might aswell buy it now (or soon, i want the G0 revision).
The last date I remember reading was Sept for the next round of price action.

Last edited by pscout; July 27, 2007 at 07:15 AM.