Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26, 2008, 08:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
No, actually its simply the fact that it is a better product, better SLI support (vs Crossfire, as in mature) and far more superior Drivers and support for the Drivers. I've never had to use the Warranty of any of thier products since switching to thier products almost 6 yrs ago! I am actually surprised of the number of ATI users their atill are considering the "issues"...hardcore man...if nVidia was as plagued with these issues as ATI I would have jumped off the bandwagon years ago.....then again their are die hard Maple Leaf and Canucks Fans arent their.....just keep hoping...

For almost $800 this Card should produce 3D imaging with touch n smell perks on my Desktop...ouch..nice price.....although now that it is "second" again, perhaps the price will fall to what it should be, around $450 - $500.

Please elaborate on this "mis-information"...it is a well known fact that the Warranty is not transferable...so what is the other "mis-information"? And personally I feel Evga manufactors a far better quality component than XFX.....sorry boys, I was gonna go XFX way back when I purchased my 8800GTX, unitl I started reading all the Posts on various Forums re: the issues with the XFX 8800GTX Cards and the fact that 2 buddies Cards were hooped after 2 months.
Should we avoid the fanboi or have fun with him???

In vista, especially 64bit, ATI's drivers are better vs nVidias

Card failure rates are probably similar ATI vs nVidia, though honestly, I have read more nVidia horror stories recently

I'm sorry but nVidia's products are not much better than ATIs and it is mainly the warranties that people buy nVidia. Which would you pick a card that has a life time warranty and known good support or a company with no warranty and crap support overseas.
Old December 26, 2008, 09:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Should we avoid the fanboi or have fun with him???
Go for it.....

Quote:
I'm sorry but nVidia's products are not much better than ATIs and it is mainly the warranties that people buy nVidia.
And as someone who has been purchasing nVidia products for the last number of years I can assure you that the Warranty isn't the only reason I purchase these products, in fact, its the least reason I purchase these products. With that said you are entitled to your opinion....
Old December 26, 2008, 11:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Go for it.....

And as someone who has been purchasing nVidia products for the last number of years I can assure you that the Warranty isn't the only reason I purchase these products, in fact, its the least reason I purchase these products. With that said you are entitled to your opinion....
Its okay to admit your a fanboi , God knows I do.

ATi card's don't have any more issues than nVidia cards do, in fact until very recently (8.8 and before) ATi's drivers were much better and more stable in general than nVidia's IMO. That being said however, I will agree that ATi's driver quality has gone down from what they were at one point, but the issues that do crop up are fairly limited. I do think that they could use another run through QA, and that this monthly release timetable is killing them. Frankly, the fact that anyone should encounters an issue, regardless of vendor(ATi or nVidia), is unacceptable in my eyes.

Who knows, If ATi keeps slipping on the drivers, maybe you'll see this ATi fanboi, going nVidia 3xxGTX series, just like I did with a 8800Ultra(loved that GPU). I may be a fanboi, but I'm not a blind one.

Also, I still love you rjbarker, even if you are a nVidia fanboi.
Old December 27, 2008, 12:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Also, I still love you rjbarker, even if you are a nVidia fanboi.
Thanks Chilly I was "red" with anger n frustration but now I'm feeling green again...with envy of your subtle way putting things :)
Old December 27, 2008, 09:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This is an argument that could rage on incessantly, to be honest.

The reality is that both make great products and both have their strengths and weaknesses.

No matter which you purchase, you can't really lose (unlike a year and a half ago, when the 8800GTX was the clear winner).