Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 15, 2008, 07:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's the warranties that make people stay with Nvidia. Why buy a product that has a limited defined warranty when you can buy a product that has a lifetime warranty and has 'almost no rules'. I'll take that any day. However, I still bought a 4850 hehe.
Old November 15, 2008, 10:32 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
It's the warranties that make people stay with Nvidia. Why buy a product that has a limited defined warranty when you can buy a product that has a lifetime warranty and has 'almost no rules'. I'll take that any day. However, I still bought a 4850 hehe.
Ya if Evga were to start doing ati cards, there would be a TON of people switching. As far as i know no ati partners have the support, warranties, or step up programs of evga, hell most nvidia partners dont even come close to evga.
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old November 15, 2008, 10:36 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonwall View Post
Ya if Evga were to start doing ati cards, there would be a TON of people switching. As far as i know no ati partners have the support, warranties, or step up programs of evga, hell most nvidia partners dont even come close to evga.
XFX > EVGA. I can't stand how with EVGA, if you sell the card the next owner of the card has no warranty. And if you are someone who buys and sells new cards every 6-8 months this isn't a good thing. Because of this I try to stay away from them.
Old November 29, 2008, 01:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
XFX > EVGA. I can't stand how with EVGA, if you sell the card the next owner of the card has no warranty. And if you are someone who buys and sells new cards every 6-8 months this isn't a good thing. Because of this I try to stay away from them.

I love Nvidia lol i dont know if i have said it enough. I agree with Lowfat he has brought up a very good point about Transfership of warranty which is awesome! But then again Evga also has something unique of the trade in and upgrade to a newer card but personally i value the sell to some else and they get transfership of warranty as well- More value for the buyer so more money for you.

I been buying XFX for quiete some time so far i have not had to use their warranty but i have had to use their technical support which i found usefull and quick. I wonder if XFX holding ATI is a bad thing i can only see them offering warranty which would make them stronger so why the hell not. I do not understand why ATI cannot offer warranty thats one of my turns off and thus reasons to not buy an ATI card.
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old November 29, 2008, 08:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

4870 X2 with double lifetime warranty!
Old November 29, 2008, 08:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i am not too sure, but most people that used ati and stayed away from them because of there massive driver issue, i am the edge of going to the green side . Every ati card i get i have problems with at first, either its HDMI fighting with the add on sound card or the annoying CCC crashing like crazy due to new updates. not one has work flawless out of the box . I am on my 4th Ati card , i know i am a slow learner . I am almost 99% sure there wont the 5th
Old November 29, 2008, 08:38 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
i am not too sure, but most people that used ati and stayed away from them because of there massive driver issue, i am the edge of going to the green side . Every ati card i get i have problems with at first, either its HDMI fighting with the add on sound card or the annoying CCC crashing like crazy due to new updates. not one has work flawless out of the box . I am on my 4th Ati card , i know i am a slow learner . I am almost 99% sure there wont the 5th
I always heard ATI drivers were better. Until I bought a 4870 recently and now realized I can't ALT+TAB out of a game without it crashing
Old December 26, 2008, 05:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I always heard ATI drivers were better. Until I bought a 4870 recently and now realized I can't ALT+TAB out of a game without it crashing
well with ati, you got to stick with a older version, instead of updating every time theres a update , Ati is known to have terrible drivers + reasonably cheaper GPUs. i just recently updated from my version 8.7 to 8.11 and no problems so far, thanks to driver reviews and such
Old December 26, 2008, 05:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I cannot agree more. There is so much mis-information about EVGA's warranty it isn't funny.
Old December 26, 2008, 06:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
It's the warranties that make people stay with Nvidia.
No, actually its simply the fact that it is a better product, better SLI support (vs Crossfire, as in mature) and far more superior Drivers and support for the Drivers. I've never had to use the Warranty of any of thier products since switching to thier products almost 6 yrs ago! I am actually surprised of the number of ATI users their atill are considering the "issues"...hardcore man...if nVidia was as plagued with these issues as ATI I would have jumped off the bandwagon years ago.....then again their are die hard Maple Leaf and Canucks Fans arent their.....just keep hoping...
Quote:
4870 X2 with double lifetime warranty!
For almost $800 this Card should produce 3D imaging with touch n smell perks on my Desktop...ouch..nice price.....although now that it is "second" again, perhaps the price will fall to what it should be, around $450 - $500.
Quote:
I cannot agree more. There is so much mis-information about EVGA's warranty it isn't funny.
Please elaborate on this "mis-information"...it is a well known fact that the Warranty is not transferable...so what is the other "mis-information"? And personally I feel Evga manufactors a far better quality component than XFX.....sorry boys, I was gonna go XFX way back when I purchased my 8800GTX, unitl I started reading all the Posts on various Forums re: the issues with the XFX 8800GTX Cards and the fact that 2 buddies Cards were hooped after 2 months.