Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9, 2008, 10:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I can build a decent PC for ~$1000. I don't know what you're talking about...
You may consider that PC decent..really, that would be your opinion, my expectations of what I consider a "decent PC" are obviously no where near yours...with that said, I couldn't build, what I consider to be a decent PC for a grand...

Old November 9, 2008, 11:24 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

An e8400, p5q pro, 2gb ram, 4850 system will run you $800 and get you 15,000 3dmarks.

That's a decent system.
Old November 9, 2008, 11:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes that is pretty good alright....for $800 you can't miss!! I know one thing...my wife would like that system better than the one I have :)

Old November 9, 2008, 11:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Does that include all Drives , PSU, HSF, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, Tax, Shipping yada yada yada.....probably not, but great Base to work from none the less!!

Old January 6, 2009, 12:28 PM
Allstar

Well too bad but Rambus has a licensing agreement with ALi so why not Nvidia?

Not sure about ATI though.

CHEERS
Old January 6, 2009, 08:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well I don't know if this hurt NVIDIA really, this is an old article, and as far as I know sine 2007, the delayed transaction thingy was removed and all motherboard bioses were patched already - The only PCI device people most commonly use now is the sound card, but even that is transitioning to PCie anyway - But if this memory controller thing goes through NVIDIA is screwed - unless they will put slower controllers and give us TNT like performance on a next gen card :D
Old February 15, 2009, 08:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker
No matter how you slice it, it is a "doubled-up Card"...no different then the 9800GX2. or previous 7800GX2...cheezy in imo..only a hope to get folks to buy..no real advances in GPU trchnology at all! As for price...sorry, couple of hundred bucks only makes a difference to a few, folks purchasing GPU's spending that kind of coin are going to be looking at a lot more than cost!
its called Keep up with the Jone's .eeer bragging rights hype

only thing i seen was my wallet got thinner going SLI an a little more detail same speed tho