Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24, 2007, 07:47 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Default early K10 sandra test

I don't know how much to believe in what these guys say, so take it with a grain of salt .
It is only one synthetic test. Not a real comparison.

Fudzilla - K10 at 2.5 GHz beats QX6800 in multimedia
Old April 24, 2007, 08:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

All benchmarks are merely synthetic tests and most are not a true representation of how something will perform in real life. Nice numbers, although I would be shocked to ever see AMD take the lead like they did with K8 over the P4. Intel is too big and powerful. They realistically belong on top. It is very nice, however, to see K10 showing some extreme strength.
Old April 24, 2007, 08:03 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

I wonder if we will be seeing some new SuperPI world records soon ?
Old April 25, 2007, 09:35 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Those numbers are actually LOW and seem to be completely false to me. A few firms here in Montreal in conjuncion with our reseller saw the Barcelona (it was an Opteron 1268SE at 2.4Ghz) running first-hand down at an event in the States last week.

First and foremost Fuad's "2.5Ghz" number is completely false considering the press crew at the event made it VERY apparent that there were NO examples of the 2.5Ghz Opteron 1270SE making their rounds. Next of all , the performance numbers are completely trumped up. I can't publish exact figures but the it/s floating point test is about 20% lower than what I saw with the 2.4Ghz chip.

Personally, I think Fuad is just sitting in his parents' basement making up as much as possible to make a few bucks from his website.

/ends rant/
Old April 28, 2007, 09:52 AM
Misoprostol

Fuad's information is about 1/4 as reliable now as it was when he worked for Inq.... I can't believe some of the crap that guy is posting.
Old April 28, 2007, 04:22 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misoprostol View Post
Fuad's information is about 1/4 as reliable now as it was when he worked for Inq.... I can't believe some of the crap that guy is posting.
LOL, I agree. I suppose that's why his site is called "FUDzilla".
PAN: IBM Thinkpad T42 | Pentium M @ 1.77 GHz | 1GB DDR-333 | 40GB HDD | DVD-/+RW | ATi Radeon 7500.
[Server]
ZEUS: Dell Optiplex G150 | Intel PIII 1 GHz | 512GB SDRAM | 500GB HDD.
Old May 2, 2007, 09:48 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Lets take this guy's website and "claims" apart a bit. This should be fun....

This morning, Techpowerup posted an article about the HD 2900XT 512MB card:

techPowerUp! News :: First R600 Launch Evidence - HIS Radeon HD 2900XT 512MB GDDR3 VIVO PCIe

It took HIS more than a few hours to bring down the article. At the time of posting, Fudzilla had NOTHING on their site mentioning this. Well, shortly after Techpowerup posted their link, Fuad came up with this tidbit:

Fudzilla - ATI bundles HL2 episode 2 with R600

Well, guess what? The HIS site listed HL2, Portal and Team Fortress 2 on its box art. Instead, Fuad said "our industry sources" ....sources? What sources? Techpowerup?

Anyways, he soon realized he forgot to add the other two titles (other than HL2) to his first article, so decided to write this:

Fudzilla - R600 bundles three games

THEN he goes on to use the EXACT HIS picture in this "article" without quoting Techpowerup as the original source:

Fudzilla - Radeon HD 2900XT 512 MB pictured

FINALLY, to add insult to injury he comes up with some "Crossfire Score" for two HD 2900XT cards which was pulled form God-knows what part of his body:

Fudzilla - Radeon HD 2900XT Crossfire score

I rest my case....................
Old May 2, 2007, 09:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Fudgezilla
Old May 2, 2007, 11:53 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Lets take this guy's website and "claims" apart a bit. This should be fun....

I rest my case....................
Thanks SKYMTL that helps confirm my suspitions about that sight