Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 16, 2007, 07:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Cooler Master iTower 930 review by TechGage

Not exactly a case geared toward the extreme gamer, the CoolerMaster iTower 930 (why does everything need an "i" in front of it these days??) is perfect for the desktop user who stores mucho media, and wants to be able to swap HDs often. They give it an 8/10

"With everything installed, the Cooler Master iTower 930 provided us a great chassis for a home server or simple everyday use PC. For anyone who is considering this case for the foundation for a gaming PC, I would strongly advise them to look elsewhere. While this is an incredibly well built case, the airflow isnít exactly ideal. It does provide just enough to keep your hard drives in check, if you add in a set of hot running video cards, your internal temps can really start to heat up.
As a server, this case is top notch and because of this, it earns an 8 out of 10. The 930 is robust, well built and provides a safe and secure chassis for all of your most important data. One thing I would like to see on future models though is the ability to lock the front of the case. While you can lock the side panel to keep your internals safe and secure, the front is fair game for anyone that can operate a hot swap drive. Not a huge problem but for those who are paranoid, this will most certainly deter them in their choice.
  • Pros
  • Well built and sturdy
  • 4 bay hot swap
  • Front access to drives
  • Tool less design
  • Makes for a stylish and convenient data center case
  • Cons
  • Air flow could be better
  • Front could use a lock"
More from TechGage