Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9, 2008, 06:33 AM
MVP
F@H

I love the Anchorman reference above! But on a serious note, I don't think changing the watermark is necessary. If it was changed to something more obtrusive, then wouldn't that almost be suggesting the one we have now isn't good enough? As in it is not serving its purpose? Since the one used by SKY and others right now does its job as a watermark perfectly I see no reason for it to be changed. As SKY stated above "A watermark is a watermark no matter where it is placed and as such should be respected by EVERY site out there." If 3DGameMan thinks that our watermark is unobtrusive enough that he can just remove it as he pleases, then he's got it all wrong.

WC Loop: D-Tek Fuzion V2 // Danger Den Maze 5 // Swiftech MCP655 // Swiftech MicroRes // Thermochill PA 120.2 + 4 x Noctua NF-P12
Old July 9, 2008, 06:39 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

If anyone wants to spread the word: Digg - Plausible Deniability? 3dGameman Rips off Hardware Canucks C
Old July 9, 2008, 07:08 AM
Allstar
F@H

Sad he denies it, because it’s pretty obvious that’s what he did.
The one thing I did notice, he even splashed his own watermark on it.
That’s a bit of a kick in the guts.

I would say it affects the integrity of his entire reviews, past, present and future.
Old July 9, 2008, 08:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You can definitely tell it's a copy by looking the ATI Radeon sticker on the side of the cards. According to NCIX's pictures and the HIS website, the HIS does not have the sticker on the side, and is completely stock.

I SMELL A COPY! Dude I would start getting legal on his arse skymtl...
Old July 9, 2008, 08:17 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Dug! :)
Old July 9, 2008, 08:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Why couldn't he have just taken the sink off himself and take a picture.

By the time youve messed about grabbing the HWC photos and scrubbing the evidence it hardly seems worth the effort or the hastle when you get caught without permission.

Its also pretty rude to not acknowledge what youve done when youve been caught and put things to rights by addint the watermark.

On a side not HWC mark is appearing all over the place now-from products to sales websites.

Ill post some comments on youtube where this review pops up and DIG

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old July 9, 2008, 08:49 AM
Top Prospect

The issue has pretty much been spread across several boards and such. Stating he didn't want to void his warranty for re-sale and stuff to make himself a profit. Maybe he should take a good long look at himself. The review parts that get their warranty voided get sold here and they go to charity. (H&S right?) So what he is doing isn't just low. It's six feet under low. He should look in the mirror and be his judge and jury and come out and say what he did. Because everyone knows its a copy.
~~~~~~~~~~Coolermaster Centurion 5~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old July 9, 2008, 09:30 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

This whole issue just makes me super-angry. I'm officially boycotting 3DGM now. I will not go to that site, forum or support it in any way. And I will advise everyone I know to do the same (Until an official apology is given or whatnot).
Old July 9, 2008, 09:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgraszat14 View Post
The issue has pretty much been spread across several boards and such. Stating he didn't want to void his warranty for re-sale and stuff to make himself a profit. Maybe he should take a good long look at himself. The review parts that get their warranty voided get sold here and they go to charity. (H&S right?) So what he is doing isn't just low. It's six feet under low. He should look in the mirror and be his judge and jury and come out and say what he did. Because everyone knows its a copy.
I don't think I've seen any comment from the horse's mouth yet... I've seen some other folks guessing that this is the reason.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 9, 2008, 09:46 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
Its also pretty rude to not acknowledge what youve done when youve been caught and put things to rights by addint the watermark.
You don't know the half of it....
Closed Thread