Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8, 2008, 10:25 PM
Top Prospect

well SKY, like the honorable Ron Burgandy once said:

" I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me."

Your reviews are yours. Mainly the reason we are quoted, linked and shown on so many sites is because of you. I see links to your stuff, (which is mentioned is yours, by you) on all different sites. People know your stuff and with my grade 12 law class I believe that what is yours is yours by right and no one else has the authority to use your reviews without your say. It's not like, as I quoted above, your not a big deal. In fact you are, people will not let this stand because of how you stand in the community.
You SKY are my Ron Burgandy, and I would follow you to any news team (or HWC team) rumble you would be in.

(btw, I hope you guys have seen Anchorman or I feel pretty awkward right now...)

You stay classy HWC
~~~~~~~~~~Coolermaster Centurion 5~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old July 8, 2008, 10:26 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
hes right
I know he is.
Old July 9, 2008, 02:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I know he is.
I think you've handled it in an honorable and professional manner... no sense sinking to others' levels. If the site continues to deny, then do what you must. I commend you on giving them a chance to come clean.
Old July 9, 2008, 04:52 AM
Allstar
F@H

ya, looks like a piciture of a picture to me, the lower part crop'd out to get rid of the HWC logo.
Old July 9, 2008, 06:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I would have expected something like this from a noob reviewer, not from someone who's been around quite a few years.

On the topic of "better" (read more intrusive) watermarks..... It was discussed last year and the consensus was that we didn't want to go out of our way to mar the image with a watermark. That's why all of our watermarks are generally in the lower R/H corner. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this episode doesn't change that decision.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 9, 2008, 06:17 AM

I don't think it will change the decision at all regarding the watermark. A watermark is a watermark no matter where it is placed and as such should be respected by EVERY site out there. It doesn't matter if the WM is big, small or even nonexistant; any image we take and is posted in the reviews is our property. We have no issues with individuals using the images to post on forums or anywhere else for that matter since it is not for their own financial gain as was this.

We even offered t olet the matter slide as long as they either reinserted the image with the WM or removed the image altogether but no dice.
Old July 9, 2008, 06:20 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I don't think it will change the decision at all regarding the watermark. A watermark is a watermark no matter where it is placed and as such should be respected by EVERY site out there. It doesn't matter if the WM is big, small or even nonexistant; any image we take and is posted in the reviews is our property. We have no issues with individuals using the images to post on forums or anywhere else for that matter since it is not for their own financial gain as was this.

We even offered t olet the matter slide as long as they either reinserted the image with the WM or removed the image altogether but no dice.
If hes making money of your work, its time to get the lawyer ;)
Old July 9, 2008, 06:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just keep on keepin' on SKYMTL. Legal stuff sucks, but there's always someone to cause trouble *cough*Rodney Reynolds*cough*.
Old July 9, 2008, 07:14 AM

Wow... Trying to give Rodney the benefit of the doubt here.... the angle's different.... umm... nope. Same picture. If you turn his pic a little and resize, EVERYTHING lines up perfectly. :(
Old July 9, 2008, 07:26 AM

It does. Which is why I emailed him only to have him deny it. I am pretty good in Photoshop so lining up the pics is no problem at all...and they line up PERFECTLY.
Closed Thread