Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2007, 09:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Lian Li PC-A16b review by Tech Power Up

A Canadian reviewer on a German site reviewing a Taiwanese Case- Check this one time..Here are their pros and cons:
(They list the price as about 150 USD)

• "Superb quality
    Strong
    Looks
    Layout and adjustable HDD rack
    No sharp edges
    Light weight
    Large amount of space for a midtower
    Quiet
  • Three 120mm fans
  • Takes finger prints and are hard to get rid of
    Finish can scratch fairly easily
    <No 3.5" drive bays
  • Power&Reset switch/HDD&Power LED cable too short
9.8To put it simply; I love the Lian Li PC-A16. At first I questioned its size, but that turn out not to be a problem. The simplicity of the case to me is fabulous, but to others, it might be too "plain jane". The quality of the case is very good; in quality of the materials, the build, and design. The case is quiet in operation due to the large 120mm fans and all the rubber dampeners used in the case. Like all things however, it does have some issues. The biggest one I found was that you can't use the top 5.25" drive bay due to the Power&Reset switch/HDD&Power LED cable being too short. I thought maybe it was just a issue with the case I received, but I did a little reading and found other users with the same issue. Some other little things I mentioned were that the case finish takes finger prints and scratches easily. Well that's to almost be expected with the finish the PC-A16 has. There also aren't any 3.5" bays. That's not a huge thing these days, but some people (like me) still like to use a floppy, or have some 3.5" bay accessories. Besides those minor things, the case is very well made, and I am certainly pleased with it."

More from TechPowerUp